Question Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX ?

May 8, 2024
Hi I'm looking for MoBo to run a Ryzen 7 7700 with a 4060 Ti, mainly for AI studies etc..

After a quick online search, the Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX appears to offer good performance and value for money.

1) Is it indeed a solid choice for my setup?

2) Are there any differences among 1.1/1.2/1.3 revisions, besides BIOS versions ?

3) Besides the color scheme, are there any distinctions between the ICE model and the standard version?
and which revision does the ICE model correspond to?

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

1| Are you looking for an ATX board? If not then you can go down to an matx board and the overall size of the build.

2| The revisions are silent edits made by Gigabyte to remove components from the board. This was brought about on an article by OC3D regarding boards looking different after a revision.

3| What are you looking for in your motherboard purchase? Audio, ports, overclocking? Where are you located, what is your preferred site for purchase and what is your budget for your board?

Reactions: EJ Wolf
May 8, 2024
Thanks for quick replay.

I'm looking for a solid durable board, that will support my GPU (Nvidia 4060 ti) with few SSD drives.
As I described, My primary use will be training ML/DL and maybe occasional gaming.

I have no plans to overclock, and concerning Audio / ports looks like any board will do.

I saw that B650 AORUS ELITE AX has good thermal performance and the best booting time so for 170$ it looks like a bargain.