Question Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX - new Windows 11 build issues ?

Barnox

Honorable
Jul 22, 2017
Hi all,

I'm just building up a new system and am running into some issues. Everything is assembled from scratch, and is now booting up to the BIOS successfully, which is where the issues are beginning.
The part list is here: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Barnox/saved/63fMCJ

I've enabled the CSM/Legacy boot options, and have created a Windows 11 bootable USB device. When I select the UEFI USB device to boot from, it comes up with "Press any key to boot from CD/DVD", as expected. After pressing a button key, it will then take over 30 minutes, sitting on the Aorus logo, before booting into the Windows 11 "Install Now" screen.
From here, it says it requires media drivers. I've tried the ones mentioned in the manual (SATA/RAID Preinstall, from the manufacturer's website) - it picks up the NVME and SATA drivers in the folders, but none were marked as compatible with the hardware, and installing all of them didn't allow me to progress.

Has anyone encountered similar before (long time to boot into USB, not detecting the drivers), or have any advice on where to go next?
I'm thinking "try more drivers" (I've got all the non-.exe drivers from the Gigabyte page downloaded) and disconnected all the drives bar the one SSD I want to install Windows on, but I'm interested in alternatives. I've not got another PC at home (had to load the drivers onto an SD card using my phone), so any prep I can do at work would be helpful.
Many thanks!

Hi all,

I'm just building up a new system and am running into some issues. Everything is assembled from scratch, and is now booting up to the BIOS successfully, which is where the issues are beginning.
The part list is here: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Barnox/saved/63fMCJ

I've enabled the CSM/Legacy boot options, and have created a Windows 11 bootable USB device. When I select the UEFI USB device to boot from, it comes up with "Press any key to boot from CD/DVD", as expected. After pressing a button key, it will then take over 30 minutes, sitting on the Aorus logo, before booting into the Windows 11 "Install Now" screen.
From here, it says it requires media drivers. I've tried the ones mentioned in the manual (SATA/RAID Preinstall, from the manufacturer's website) - it picks up the NVME and SATA drivers in the folders, but none were marked as compatible with the hardware, and installing all of them didn't allow me to progress.

Has anyone encountered similar before (long time to boot into USB, not detecting the drivers), or have any advice on where to go next?
I'm thinking "try more drivers" (I've got all the non-.exe drivers from the Gigabyte page downloaded) and disconnected all the drives bar the one SSD I want to install Windows on, but I'm interested in alternatives. I've not got another PC at home (had to load the drivers onto an SD card using my phone), so any prep I can do at work would be helpful.
Many thanks!
this might be a corrupted windows installation files

try to download the .iso of win 11, make bootable with rufus (make sure its UEFI + GPT partition), then on bios just set it at CSM disabled (use UEFI only, no csm), and try to boot to the installer.

also if you could, before doing so, try to update the bios to the latest.

dont forget to install the latest amd chipset driver from amd web after installing windows.

Barnox

Honorable
Jul 22, 2017
Issues are resolved!

Prepping a second USB with a Windows 11 ISO/Rufus worked fine. The first USB did also take a while to pick up on other machines, so is probably on its way out.

So, symptoms:
Slow to boot to the Windows install environment (30mins+), media drivers not detected in the Windows install environment, adding in drivers from the manufacturer didn't resolve

Fix:
Using a different USB drive, prepared with a Windows 11 ISO using Rufus.