Question Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX

Jan 8, 2023
Just built a new machine and when trying to install the OS I get a blank screen and a cursor (not blinking). Everything shows up in the BIOS but it won't launch the installation app. I've tried enabling CSM as that commonly fixes the Gigabyte motherboard issues but that didn't work this time. The install CD and USB thumb drive both work on separate machines so I don't believe that is the issue.

Mobo: Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
RAM: Corsair DDR5
AMD: Ryzen 5 7600x
Graphics: Zotac Gaming Geforce GTX
SSD: M2 WD Blue NVMe 1TB
PSU: 650W

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2023
Ok, so I cleared the CMOS and get the same result. System sees everything in BIOS but will not boot to the bootable drive. I've confirmed it is bootable on another system.

Jan 8, 2023
Fix action: I had to update the BIOS using Q-Flash Plus on the back of the motherboard. Going through the BIOS did to work for me.
Load time is now under 15 seconds. Woohoo!!!

Dec 6, 2022
Just built a new machine and when trying to install the OS I get a blank screen and a cursor (not blinking). Everything shows up in the BIOS but it won't launch the installation app. I've tried enabling CSM as that commonly fixes the Gigabyte motherboard issues but that didn't work this time. The install CD and USB thumb drive both work on separate machines so I don't believe that is the issue.

Mobo: Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
RAM: Corsair DDR5
AMD: Ryzen 5 7600x
Graphics: Zotac Gaming Geforce GTX
SSD: M2 WD Blue NVMe 1TB
PSU: 650W

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe
Hi mate I see you also have a gigabyte b650 aorus elite ax board I have the F5c bios flashed which is the latest problem is I have random reboots of my computer they appear like this I turn on the computer the AORUS logo appears and I reset the computer it appears kernel power error 41. What bios do you have? I changed the xmp profile to 5600mhz, even turned off xmp frames to 4800mhz and still the same, got random reboots when powering on

My computer specs:
Ryzen 7 7700
Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX
Kingston KC3000 1TB hard drive
SilentiumPC Fortis 5 Dual 140mm/120mm fan
Housing be quiet! Pure base 500DX
Kingston Fury Renegade RGB Memory, DDR5, 32GB, 6000MHz, CL32
ENDORF Supremo FM5 850W 80 Plus Gold

Last edited: