Gigabyte board GTX 560 not working

tzj2006

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Hello all,

I recently upgraded my rig to a 3570k with a Gigabyte Z77-DS3h. I have an Antec 600W psu and a evga 560 GTX (non-ti). I had everything working fine for about 2 weeks then suddenly the 560 doesn't seem to work. I did turn the computer off and moved it around before hand but I don't think anything was damaged. The card is in the pcie x 16 slot. I am able to plug my monitor into the built in mobo HDMI and everything works fine. When I go into device manager the display adaptor does not show up. I tried upgrading the bios from F8 to F9.

Another thing I noticed is that my CPU fan speed went from an average of around 900 rpm to around 700-600 rpm. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it? Also, when I booted up one of my case fans wasn't turning. I think this might be a psu issue? How do I begin to diagnose it? I have no spare parts unfortunately.

Running windows 8 65 bit. Any help would be excellent. Thanks all

suteck

Distinguished
If you have already pulled out the video card, unplugged both of the power connectors on the card, including the 4 pin power connector that assists in running the pcie lane. At this point I would blow them out for cleaning and then tried plugging them all back in securely and get the same results. I would then try plugging it into the second pcie slot and still don't get any positive results, I would try following the link under my signature and follow those steps carefully to resolve it. Follow them carefully, since you said you moved your machine around before all this happened hopefully it's something simple.

Antec is usually reliable but it might be a psu issue. You can also try switching out the 2 6 pin power connectors with 2 other ones if the antec has them.

tzj2006

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Alright so update:

Suteck, I followed your advice and unplugged everything and cleaned it out. Blew them out and plugged everything in and it works. The problem is, once my computer runs for a couple hours the GPU/mobo (not sure which) will randomly stop working and it will switch back to integrated graphics. I have to go back and unplug/replug my gpu. Are there any long term solutions to this? Do I get a new gpu? mobo? both? Not sure how to diagnose which component is faulty.