[SOLVED] Gigabyte boot problem

gamwtowest

Prominent
Sep 21, 2018
Hello,
I operate net cafe with 10 pcs and i have recently struggling with an issue. when i shut down the pcs one by one manually and try to open them again, bios loses the "windows boot manager" option resulting in "Reboot and select proper boot device" message. but when i shut down the pcs by my operating net program, they boot normally! i have 8 exact same pcs and 2 different. the problem occurs only in the 8 that have gigabyte ga-b250m-d2v. lastly, if i press f12 (boot options), there is a blank option that seems to be windows boot manager cause if i boot from there, pc starts normally. although i can not select it in bios boot priority.. does anyone have a solution?

Solution
This:

"there is just a program that runs when windows start to operate the PCs from a server. "

Not sure about what that may be per se. However, remove that program from a "test" PC and determine if the shutdown problem ends or changes for that PC.

Do not change anything on the other 7 pcs.

Focus on finding a resolution on that one pc and then apply (as applicable) to the remaining pcs.

gamwtowest

Prominent
Sep 21, 2018
When you shut down "manually" are you using the normal Windows shutdown icon or just flipping some switch to cut power?

What do you mean by "operating net program - what actions do you take or is there some third party app being used?
yeah i mean the normal windows shut down (windows icon-power button-shut down)
there is just a program that runs when windows start to operate the PCs from a server.
as i mentioned i have 10 PCs in total (8 with this gigabyte mobo and 2 with an msi) and this wired thing happens only in the 8 gigabyte PCs..

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"there is just a program that runs when windows start to operate the PCs from a server. "

Not sure about what that may be per se. However, remove that program from a "test" PC and determine if the shutdown problem ends or changes for that PC.

Do not change anything on the other 7 pcs.

Focus on finding a resolution on that one pc and then apply (as applicable) to the remaining pcs.

Solution