Question Gigabyte C246M WU4 Motherboard RAID Config

Jan 15, 2021
Hi all,

I have a need to create a RAID 1 between two Western Digital 1 TB Blue SN550 NVMe Internal SSD Gen3 x4 PCIe 8Gb.s, M,2 2280, 3D NAND, Up to 2,400MB/s - WDS100T2B0C.

I am using a Gigabyte C246M WU4 Motherboard.

The manual's explanation for this configuration is straightforward; however, I am unable to get these two drives to be recognized in the Intel(R) RSTe SATA Controller submenu.
The motherboard recognizes the two disks in the NVMe Configuration and I have installed Windows 10 OS on them with no hiccups. Currently I am running a software RAID 1 through disk management, but I would still like to figure out why I cannot RAID them in BIOS.

Here are the steps I have taken as per the manual's instructions:

Configuring SATA controller mode in BIOS Setup
  1. Go to Peripherals\SATA and RST Configuration, make sure SATA controller(s) is enabled.
  2. To create RAID, set SATA Mode Selection to Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration.
  3. Save settings and restart.
  4. NOTE:
    1. When using a PCIe SSD (WHICH I AM), make sure to set the USE RST Legacy OROM item under Peripherals\SATA And RST Configuration to Disabled .
    2. Then depending the M.2 connector you use, set the corresponding PCIe Storage Dev on Port XX item to RST Controlled.
    3. Finally save settings and restart.
I have done all of these steps; however, I don't get the RAID option in the Intel(R) RSTe SATA Controller submenu. To experiment a little... I went ahead and install two Samsung 970 EVO SSDs and was able to RAID them in that submenu following steps 1-3

I am using version F3 and I know there's a newer version but the changes don't address the RAID/NVMe configurations. Could this be an intel driver issue?

Please Help!

Best,

tmb

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS