Gigabyte Claim World's First Overclocking Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Foxconn had designed the first (if not, one of the first) motherboards with the help of Samino (PRO overclocker) for overclockers. Did Gigabyte miss the event? lol

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
I'm skeptical.

I guess only time will tell. Maybe Tom's can bake some cookies and send them to Gigabyte in exchange for a little more in-depth preview?

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
LoL first i think not my P8 p67 pro from asus i can view my computer stats via smart phone and overclock, adjust fans from across the room switches are obsolete.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]ab0tj[/nom]Abit BH6, anyone?[/citation]

Hell, a lot of 486 MBs could be overclocked by fiddling with the settings. I remember overclocking my VESA bus.

btw: I had the BH6 and the Celery 300a too. :D

I seem to recall people overclocking their Amigas and some crafty people overclocking older Commodore hardware.

krinkles619

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
world's first my buttocks. my asus republic of gamers board does most of the things gigabyte claims it got first, and mine is a mATX board to boot!

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]darkguset[/nom]Foxconn had designed the first (if not, one of the first) motherboards with the help of Samino (PRO overclocker) for overclockers. Did Gigabyte miss the event? lol[/citation]
everytime i hear foxconn, i think about suicide

those suicide really effed up their rep.

slothy89

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
Price wise I'm guessing will be higher than their Killer series, ie $600+

Secondly the advantage of this board over others is that all the basic features needed by consumers, but not Pro Overclockers have been removed. Note the minimal Backplate Connectors and lack of Legacy PCI or PICe x1 (yes I know there is one Legacy PCI..) Also theres about 6-7 Fan headers on the board.

OK there are other "Overclocker" boards on the market, but this one is aimed purely at the Professional, Competitive OCers.

Also Tom's, bit slow on the announcement.. Bit-Tech had this preview about 5 days ago.. Oh and they went into more detail.. And had a photo with the Heatsinks ON..

tomate2

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]I'm skeptical.I guess only time will tell. Maybe Tom's can bake some cookies and send them to Gigabyte in exchange for a little more in-depth preview?[/citation]
or maybe send a hammer?? :p

[citation][nom]mikem_90[/nom]Hell, a lot of 486 MBs could be overclocked by fiddling with the settings. I remember overclocking my VESA bus.btw: I had the BH6 and the Celery 300a too. I seem to recall people overclocking their Amigas and some crafty people overclocking older Commodore hardware.[/citation]
First system I overclocked was a TRS80 Model I in 1978 - 1.77 MHz to 2.01 MHz. Had to piggy back chips, cut PCB traces, and run jumpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.