Gigabyte Cooks up Z390 Designare Motherboard for Pros

Great looking motherboard but as a pro I would wait till its validated at the 128GB RAM capacity. Trident Z RGB DC series DDR4 64GB (32GBx2)
-- Intel -- The new 9th Gen Intel Core processors memory controller is capable of supporting DDR4 16Gb die density DIMMs which will allow the processors to support a total system memory capacity of up to 128GB when populating both motherboard memory channels with 2 DIMMs per Channel (2DPC) using these DIMMs. As DDR4 16Gb die density DIMMs have only recently become available, we are now validating them, targeting an update in a few months’ time.

pawinda

Honorable
Mar 27, 2017
I've never really understood Thunderbolt graphics. With Thunderbolt graphics, can I connect the right USB 'C' to display port cable into the Thunderbolt port and use this as my graphics input to my monitor without a stand alone graphics card? If so, is it faster than the HDMI output of the chipset? Thanks.

Tanyac

Reputable
Finally a Gigabyte board with two Intel LAN ports instead of the Killer LAN garbage. Still not a worthwhile purchase though.
My MSI board has 10 SATA ports, 10 fan headers, 3 M.2 Slots, Dual Intel LAN, Wireless and only cost me $404 brand new.

If this board ever makes it to Australia, and it follows the same trend as other Designare boards it will be $900 - $1000 AUD/$630 - $700 USD

shadeablaze

Prominent
Aug 14, 2017
Might want to double check what the ECC compatibility is. I looked up the 9700k and 9900k, and it looks like both DO NOT support ECC. Saying the motherboard supports it sounds interesting, but how does it support it? What processor would you use?

Nov 3, 2018
Newegg.com has this for preorder (due 08 Nov.) for only $270. I can't believe that Gigabyte didn't put a DisplayPort out and the HDMI is only 1.4, if it was 2.0 this would be perfect with the onboard Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 for a UHD 4K blu-ray set up. Now it's limited to 4K @ 30Hz instead of 60Hz.

In the past the only Intel processors that supported ECC were i3 and Xeons.

Intel won't release an i7 or i9 for that matter with ECC or it would cannibalize Xeon sales.