Question Gigabyte Designare Z390 loses ethernet and wi-fi internet connection

Dec 25, 2022
I have a custom built PC that has a Gigabyte Designare Z390 motherboard. I had no issues for a couple of years. It now continues to lose internet connection via ethernet cable and wi-fi. I have uninstalled the drivers and let Win 11 reinstall and it works for a short period and disconnects again. This issue existed with Win 10 Pro as well before upgrading to Win 11 Pro. I will mention that I have another PC connected to the same network switch and never have an issue with that PC. I have tried changing cables and all the obvious but nothing has solved the issue with the internet disconnect on the Gigabyte Z390. I am looking for solutions and would appreciate any help

I would first try open a cmd window and leave a constant ping run to the router IP. This would show if it is some very basic network issue or it is something more advanced. I suspect because it affects both wifi and ethernet it is not something simple but it might be.

Dec 25, 2022
Thanks for the reply. It's really strange. The Gigabyte Designare Z390 has a dual antenna wifi and it has dual Ethernet ports. The MB has a lot of great reviews as being a top notch quality MB. But, there are several on line posts about these internet issues with the Gigabyte Designare Z390 . Their web site does not offer Win 11 drivers for the Wireless or Ethernet Network but this issue started back when I still had Win 10. Thinking back, it seems like I never had an issue until I allowed CCleaner to update drivers and I recall the Network adapters being updated. When I remove the devices in device manager and choose the remove driver option and reboot everything works fine for a about an hour it seems and then I lose connection again. I wish I had the knowledge to manually remove all related drivers and then reboot. I am wondering if conflicting network drivers that remain on my system are causing the problem.

This would not really be a driver thing I suspect. You should lose the ability to ping the router itself and since the drivers for ethernet are very different than wifi you would not think a problem in one would affect the other.

It has to be more some kind of software thing. I you want to blindly try a couple things. Hard code the DNS in the IPv4 settings to 1.1.1.1. or 8.8.8.8. While you are in there disable the IPv6 support since it seems to provide little benefit and can cause issues for some people.

You could also try to boot a USB linux image. This would allow you to basically replace all the software on the machine without actually modifying it. Problem would be if it doesn't work on under linux then you are looking at some crazy hardware issue that affects mulitple parts. Even if it does work it does not help a lot to find what exactly is doing it except you know that your hardware is likely good.

Dec 25, 2022
Thanks for the info! I have always done my own PC hardware and software upgrades but was not familiar with the Network part of the PC as I had never had an issue with it until now. With that said, yesterday I read where someone suggested a Network Reset as a solution. I did the Reset and never had another disconnect while using the PC all day. I am assuming the issue is resolved. Sure hope so. Thanks again!