Gigabyte EasyTune vs. using the BIOS

Mat S

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
I recently bought a new Gigabyte motherboard. It came with some utilities, including Gigabyte EasyTune 6 for overclocking. I'm wondering whether I should use EasyTune to overclock or if I should use the BIOS. I've never done either before and am not sure if it makes a difference.

Also, if using the BIOS is the better option, then is there any specific things I need to check for Gigabyte's DualBIOS?

One other question that I have is how I should get my memory running at full speed. (It is currently running at a lower speed, but I know that the motherboard supports the max speed).

Solution
You can just choose for the settings in the Easy Tune. It is very easy overclock, just choose and then reboot. However automatic overclocking have higher voltages which causes too much heat compared to manual overclock.

Just try the Easy tune first. :)

Mat S

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015

Do you know of any good guides/ or guidelines to use when using the UEFI for overclocking for the first time?

iamlegend

Admirable
You can just choose for the settings in the Easy Tune. It is very easy overclock, just choose and then reboot. However automatic overclocking have higher voltages which causes too much heat compared to manual overclock.

Just try the Easy tune first. :)

Solution