Gigabyte energy saver

lameness

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
OK so i have had my new q6600 for a few weeks now and feel that enough time has passed for me to begin OCing it.

But before i do i would just like to know whether/how the gigabyte dynamic energy saver works when you overclock a system. The multiplyer keeps floating about obviously to conserve power.....so when the fsb is bumped up will it operate in exactly the same manner? The program also varies the core volatage.....i take it this should be disabled when ocing.

The whole program hardly saves any power so i guess i will just disable the whole lot???

Be good to know what experience others have had with it.

Sorry if the post is a bit brief but im at work :)

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
from what i see the DES doesnt work in OC mode. or is it Asus?i dont remember.

but in OC you will want to disable all those clever features as it will create alot of up and down in the system speed. and in the DES its even worse as it will fluctuate the voltage alot. i recommend you turn it off and uninstall the software. if you really feel the need, use it AFTER you got your final stable OC and test to see if its stable with that technology.

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
also the power saving feature on ANY mobo/CPU is not significant, A PC in general use dont cost that much to run anyway. you are not going to save much money to be honest with you.

lameness

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
thanks for the confirmation......whats the point in maybe shaving 5 watts off the total system power.....nice idea but not much use in reality.