Gigabyte EP45T-UD3P random freeze

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

comers

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Hi Guys,
Same freeze problem here. Only I cannot confirm about the buzzing sound.
---
My rig:
Gigabyte EP45T-UD3P
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (E0)
Kingston KVR1333D3N9/2G (2x) DDR3 = total 4GB
XFX GF 9600GT (before Gainward 8800GT) both with 512MB
PSU: CoolerMaster RealPower 850W
--
Looks like these freezes occur when I'm not working with my PC, but they happen randomly while idle or under load. Before I was using Gainward GeForce 8800GT and when the freeze occur the screen was stable and now with XFX GF 8600GT it's always scrambled. Sometimes after freeze my LAN adapter #1 goes crazy - makes connect/disconnect every 2 seconds. Takes 2-3 restarts to stabilize it.
In any case my PC is completely frozen and nothing responds - only hard reset will bring it back to life.

Tried BIOS update to newest F4 - freezes continue.
Tried memtest for 6 hours - 10 passes ok
Tried prime95 for 8 hours - all cores ok.
Tried Graph.Card change - freezes continue.
Tested PSU - no problems with it whatsoever.

Looks like the mobo is faulty after all.
Any ideas or I should RMA it asap.

Thanks

thebunny

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
Comers sounds like my problem except the lan adapter issue. and the scrambled screen.
Try to change the mouse :pt1cable: .you shoud open a new post with your problem but if you can RMA the board because of the weird lan adapter issue.

on my system I installed the lastest setpoint software and changed the usb port. let's see what happens.

comers

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
thebunny, in fact I've already changed the mouse but it had no effect and also I never use Logitech's Setpoint (for me is kinda useless). Anyway I'll rma it tomorrow.
Will keep you posted for the results.
Best regards

amityvillemd

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
I've been having trouble with a Gigabyte ep45-ud3p. It constantly crashes, and when I restart it says des is turned off please use application to turn back on. I uninstalled des but it's still causing problems. I've also updated the bios.

mcgrok

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009

Hi thebunny,
I own a Gigabyte EP45C-DS3R and I have exactly the same issue: random freezes at any moment
I also use a wireless logitech kit (MX3200) with laser mouse and logitech setpoint. Can you confirm
that you have fixed the problem using a new mouse or the same mouse with a new setpoint?

I just can't figure why, what I can see is that
after freezing and rebooting the log file C: /service.log indicates :

Just before processing loop...
Type=60,Port=b2,BiosAddr=cfeeed50
Current=0.000000,Total=0.000000,MaxVid=1.250000,Rev=0x20

Greetings
mcgrok

bilbat

Splendid
I want to use my G5 on my new system because i love this mouse . any ideeas?
This simply may not work - GBs are notoriously finicky about USB devices - take a peek here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261902-30-gigabyte-tale

The buzzing (60Hz induction 'pick-up') is often a telltale sign of a 'ground loop' - short discussion here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/260268-30-ma790gp-ud4h-soundcard-buzz-noise

Your computer has at least three grounding arrangements: signal ground, power ground, and case ground; all grounds need to branch out from their source in a "Y" fashion - if there is a place where the same grounded item can 'find' two paths to ground, it will set up 'circulating' currents in the grounding circuit - which are prone to causing bizarre troubles, as every detection and logic gate is, in essence, a 'comparator to ground'. I do industrials, so, often, my signals are a quarter mile away, and 'meander' through a half-dozen or dozen j-boxes; if the shield ground continuity is loused up at any one j-box, my sensor is unreadable and undependable, and, even worse, will often take the whole AtoD card with it... Another culprit is the mounting screws for the PSU - they should establish case ground, but due to either paint or aluminum oxide (whose resistance is roughly 2.5e6 Ω/cm - a pretty good insulator!), they often fail to do so...

tantan911

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
Oh My God!!!

I thought I'm the only one who have this issue, i was going to buy the new IMac but i thought with this money i can buy amazing PC , now I'm very sad , i have the same issue as Thebunny:

- when i play call of duty 4 or other games the PC just freeze and yes sometimes it freeze when i leave it idle or even when i watch a movie or browsing, I tried many things but will i will try that mouse solution :) it's Logitech too

and my hardware is:

Processor: Core2Qaud Q9650 12mb Cache
Motherboard: GA-EP45T-UD3LR
Ram: 8gb DDR3 1333
HD: 1Tera WD
VGA: Nvidia GTX285 -1G - Point Of View
PS: Gigabyte 800W
Case: Gigabyte Sumo 5115
Monitor: HP W2248 24inch with HDMI Cable enabled by converter to the VGA Card
Keyboard Mouse: Logitech

It's a weird problem, my PC keep freezing a lot ... it always freeze when I play games like Call Of Duty 4 or any other games, and sometimes it freeze when I leave the PC Idle or watching a movie or even browsing ... just everything get freeze and a weird sound from the speakers and I have to make restart to work again ... did install many OS and still the same .. now I'm using windows 7 RTM 64bit

Please guys try to find me a solution cause I'm out of all

Thanks

polic3e

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
hy! My name is Alex, i am from Romania, and i have the exactly same problem!!!My sistem is:

CPU :QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, 2833 MHz (8.5 x 333)
MB: Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3P (2 PCI, 3 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Dual Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)
RAM: 2 x Kingston 2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (8-8-8-22 @ 609 MHz) (7-7-7-20 @ 533 MHz) (6-6-6-17 @ 457 MHz)
Video: HIS ATI Radeon PCi-E HD 4870 512MB GDDR5 256 bit
HDD: WD VelociRaptor 300 GB, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16 MB Cache, 10,000 RPM.
PS : Fortron Blue 500w

i'v tried all.. just like you..

I noticed less number of freeze after I loaded default settings from Bios...
I searched the Gigabyte site and and I noticed that the same model of motherboard has two versions (like 1.0 and 1.01.. ) mine is first..This could be a problem?
also service.log file is created and the content is:

''Just before processing loop...
Type=60,Port=b2,BiosAddr=cfeeec20
Current=2.614702,Total=2.614702,MaxVid=1.225000,Rev=0x20''

if someone changed the motherboard and the observed changes please tell us. i have warranty on every component..

Thanks a lot ! and sorry for my English :)

bilbat

Splendid
Now ya see here son, this is what we call a dead thread, it died as no one was interested or no one had info for it, or the author found the info and decided to let the thread die.

So we buried it, gave it a funeral and let it lie in peace.

Now what ya have done here is Necrothreaded it back into the living realm, disturbing its grave and its peace! Why boy, why? The poor thread has suffered enough! Let it rest!!

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
Hit it Gallagher!!

20091020204619.png

Parsius

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
I had the exact same problem for 1 year, and now I found the solution.

Install another sound card (I installed a PCI sound card), and disable the Realtek High Definition audio driver from the device manager...

And that's about it.

valdo2k

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
I have the same freeze problem with a Gigabyte EP45T-UD3P running OSX 10.6.2

System:
Quad 2.83
4GB RAM DDR3
9600GT 512Mb

SOLVED: Reconnecting all SATA HDDs. Maybe a power cable failure.

bilbat

Splendid
I'll tell 'ya what - I'll work with you on this, and you give me some hints on how to do an OSX install on a non-apple system [:isamuelson:8]

...and I'll 'throw in' not griping about a thread being resurrected for the third time, after I already complained about it twice!

I do have to ask, however, whether you have an MS boot partition of some type - doesn't matter which - I can boot to anything for testing & advising;
0160.jpg

but the majority of the diagnostic stuff that I'm familiar with is windoze-based... [:bilbat:8]

bilbat

Splendid
Ahh - thank you - isn't specifically for my board, and appears to take nVidia graphics. I hate nVidia, due to a week or two of troubleshooting a huge VB program that turned out to be a known, but undocumented, driver oops - and the ESA debacle; HOWEVER, I was planning to switch back next rebuild, due to the Tesla/CUDA/OpenCL thing, BUT, it begins too look like nVidia may be a bankrupt memory by the time I get around to the next rebuild :ouch:

...you didn't mention whether you can 'dual boot' to windoze - or I'll have to 'hunt' for equivalent diagnostic programs from the apple dimension...

papagee

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Just had the EP45-UD3L installed. 4-28-10
After about 24 hours, no sound.
Device Mngr says all is well and working. Uninstalled /reinstalled device & drivers.
Uninstalled Gigabyte power saving utility.

Intel Core 2 6400 @ 2.13GHz
4 GB DDR2
GeForce 9600 1GB
Microsoft optical 3000 mouse (USB)
34GB HD 7500RPM

I down loaded Microsoft Intellimouse.
Downloaded various Vista updates.

UPDATE 5/2/10 SOLVED

Went to Realtek and downloaded newer (ver 2.47) audio driver, problem solved, that is until Microsoft sends out another Vista update.

Thoughts that make you say "Hummmmmmm?" ; would we buy a car, or anything else, that required daily repairs/updates . . . . . why do we allow Microsoft to get away with it? Hummmmmmmm?!

andypalm

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Andypalm

Hi, I'm form México and...I have the exactly same problem!!!!!!!USB PORTS DIE WHEN THEY WANT TO... I've tried everything that is in this and other pages!: BIOS,CHANGE PSU, DRIVERS, CHANGE MOUSE-KEYBOARD(USB AND PS/2), IRQ'S, ETC, ETC...This is gonna make crazy!!! And the problem still remains... :cry: :cry: :cry:

My computer is very similar to the other guy's computers...

Mother board Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3P Rev 1.0
Intel core 2 quad Q8200 @2.33GHz
4 Gb RAM DDR3 Kingston 1333 MHz
ATI HD 4550 PCI Express-512MB
HDD 750 Gb sata 2
POWER SUPPLY UNIT Cooler Master 550 W

Please!!!!! if someone has any idea or has solved this problem...I really, really apreciatte this very much....beacuse I'm thinking about buying another mother board, which is a big problem for me; 'cause it took to me 1 year to get the money foy buy eveything.... :cry: HELP!!!!

SOLVED!!!!!! :bounce:

THE PROBLEM WAS A DRIVER!!! BUT IT WAS LIKE " HIDDEN", SO I WENT TO DEVICE MANAGER AND CLICK TO THE MENU SHOW(OR SEE...I DONT' KNOW EXACTLY 'CAUSE MY WINDOWS IS IN SPANISH :??: ) THEN > SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES AND THERE IS IT!!! IT SHOW ME A DEVICE THAT ISN'T PLUG AND PLAY( IT WAS CNAMED "kl2" BUT I GUESS IT COULD BE DIFERENT IN ANOTHER PC); SO I UNINSTALLED IT...AND...THAT'S ALL...NO MORE FREEZES.... :D

I HOPE IT CAN HELP SOMEONE ELSE IF HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM....

Before That, Also I tried Change the sata conector to other an moved RAM....

Status
Not open for further replies.