ponching27

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011
Msi gtx 670 pe/oc 2gb - out of stock
Asus gtx 670 dc2 top - out of stock
Gigabyte 670 oc windforce - no reply

The only one left is evga 670 ftw and gigabyte 670 oc i hope.. And my another option is gigabyte 7970 oc the ghz editin is out of stock too..

My question is 670 ftw or gigabye 670 oc or gigabyte 7970 oc or msi 670 afterburner/oc

Pls help me to choose

Actually personally i would wait for them to come back in stock especially The MSI PE 670 it's a beast! MSI Power Edition Architecture Boosts Overclocking Potential by 22.5%
The MSI GTX 670 Power Edition graphics card is based on the MSI Power Edition architecture: Afterburner's Triple Overvoltage allows the GPU, Memory and PLL(Aux) voltages to be adjusted . The Enhanced PWM design provides 25% more current than the reference design to ensure high stability during overclocking.

Twin Frozr IV: 20°C Cooler and 11.7dB Quieter than Reference Board
The MSI GTX 670 Power Edition is equipped with MSI's latest Twin Frozr IV Thermal Design. MSI's exclusive Dust Removal technology automatically reverses the fans at startup to prevent dust build-up dust and optimize the cooling module's ability to dissipate heat.

Patented Propeller Blade technology provides 20% more air flow over conventional fans and increases the effective cooling area. When combined with dual 8 cm temperature-controlled fans, SuperPipe technology, and a nickel-plated copper base, temperatures are effectively reduced by up to 20°C and noise by 11.7dB!

MSI's GTX 670 Power Edition uses the famous Twin Frozr IV cooler from the MSI Lightning and comes with a large clock speed boost out of the box, making its default clock speed even higher than GTX 680 stock clocks. MSI is asking a $30 price premium for their card, which doesn't look unreasonable, given the improved cooling and higher clocks.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/56546-msi-gtx-670-power-edition-oc-review-20.html <--- review w/benchmarks

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_670_Power_Edition/ <--- review w/benchmarks

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_670_power_edition_oc_review,24.html <--- review w/benchmarks

ponching27

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011
Thanks for reply men... I go back to store this morning that i want the msi gtx670 pe/oc... And they said its already phased out... Even asus 670 dc2t... And i read bad reviews about evga 670 ftw.. I dont remember what is that site.. All i need is good performance, quiet, and it has long lifespan.. I will not oc'ng my card maybe after 2yrs...
I hope you could help which card to choose... And i remember bigcyco1 you toldme to pick msi gtx670 pe/oc instead of gtx 680 and hd7970 GE...

I have one more question... Can i choose msi gtx 670 PE (non oc) or its better to have oc? Thanks

Anik8

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010

I'll suggest you go for the oc becoz but if you're on budget you can and should get the msi pe model.The PE moniker denotes its the non reference Power Edition cooling design the same one used in the oc edition.
Also I'll add that I'm using 660 ti PE OC and its just awesome,the entire cooling design is metallic,its silent stays cool,hardly exceeds 70*C while gaming @ 1080p resolution.So you should buy atleast the PE edition if not its oc variant.Enjoy!