gigabyte f2a55m-ds2 wont let me set cpu voltage to manual

Sig2525

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014
as stated above, i don't know how to set my cpu voltage manualy and not auto because it makes my a8-6600k run at 1.8ghz - 4.2ghz (CPUZ reading) i want it to be stable at 4.2ghz. i also disabled turbo boost so the frequency won't fluctuate.

everytime i type 1.3 in bios it returns to auto

thanks

Solution
I would recommend trying Gigabyte's own overclocking software or AMD overdrive. I have really started to prefer programs such as those over messing around in the BIOS. And i know what you mean. That sorta little stuff just frustrated me forever which is what made me turn to more intuitive software for quick overclocking and small tweaks. When I do any serious work I do go into my BIOS though but most of the time software is just as good if not better.

It's a hella of a lot quicker for sure. (setting profile, booting into Windows, run test, BSOD, back to bios, back to Windows, back to test and possible BSOD, the cycle continues)

dovah-chan

Honorable
I would recommend trying Gigabyte's own overclocking software or AMD overdrive. I have really started to prefer programs such as those over messing around in the BIOS. And i know what you mean. That sorta little stuff just frustrated me forever which is what made me turn to more intuitive software for quick overclocking and small tweaks. When I do any serious work I do go into my BIOS though but most of the time software is just as good if not better.

It's a hella of a lot quicker for sure. (setting profile, booting into Windows, run test, BSOD, back to bios, back to Windows, back to test and possible BSOD, the cycle continues)

Solution

Sig2525

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014
when i try to overclock with amd overdrive then run crysis 3 my pc would hang up and restart. but the temp in hw monitor and aida64 shows 51 degrees at max and 37 degrees reading from amd overdrive. i overclock a8-6600k to 4.4ghz w/ 1.290 - 1.312 V reading from CPUZ

dovah-chan

Honorable
Then that probably means it needs more voltage. I've never overclocked an AMD APU before (but I've overclocked several AMD CPUs and GPUs) so I wouldn't know. Might want to go to an FM2 overclocking guide or something along those lines.