Gigabyte FM2+ Motherboards Now Support 'Kaveri Refresh' APU

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeskier93

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
Isn't this rather old news? I just went and double checked the latest Bios version for my F2A88X-D3H and it's still F6, which has been available since early April, and the description says Godavari support. Doesn't say anything about W10, although I've been running it fine for the last couple months.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Isn't this rather old news? I just went and double checked the latest Bios version for my F2A88X-D3H and it's still F6, which has been available since early April, and the description says Godavari support. Doesn't say anything about W10, although I've been running it fine for the last couple months.

anything hardware wise that's certified to run vista, win7 and win 8 will run windows 10 just fine . very little has changed with the hardware requirements between vista through 10.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
@freeskier93

I have the GA-F2A88X-UP4 and F6 has been available since 8/12/14
F7 just got released it is dated 4/2/15 but was not available when I downloaded F6
on 4/12/15 the page I just DLed from states that the F7 supports Godavari

I suppose Gigabyte just came up with F7 to annoy their customers.

The A10-7870K will boot up in current systems that support the A10-7850K but to get the new features you will need the need a BIOS update.

@SteelCity1981
Running Windows 10 and supporting DX12, Freesync and VSR are not one in the same here.

From Tom's article;
"The new processor maintains use of the current A-series chipset support, and will post and boot to Windows out of the box. A new BIOS update is required to unlock FreeSync, DX12 and VSR capabilities which is available now."

A new driver also;
"A new driver released today brings cutting edge technology to the aging platform. With it comes support for both DirectX 12 and FreeSync."

An added bonus here at Tom's is all the vitriol from the Intel Fanbois who are dedicated to denigrating anything AMD does. The claims that DX12 will not be adopted in the same way all the other DX versions have been is especially amusing.

MyDocuments

Reputable
Jun 21, 2014
The fact that there is still a competitor on x86 architecture to Intel is a plus, not a minus to everybody here in consumer-land, it is a shame that Cyrix/VIA fell away so soon.

I can't understand the logic of the so-called Fanbois or Haters as they would also benefit fron non-monopolistic conduct and directly to their wallets!
[This also applies for Android/Apple, Apple/Windows, Apple/Samsung, AMD/Nvidia and so on].

Let's hope that in future AMD can pull it's socks up and compete a little better in order to reduce the large price margins Intel current squeezes from most punters... and their fans most of all.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
@SteelCity1981
Running Windows 10 and supporting DX12, Freesync and VSR are not one in the same here.

ok but I was implying hardware in general as if he was worried about the current hardware will be able to officially support windows 10.

PaulBags

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
It's interesting that amds older cpus can be updated to dx12 with drivers, no other graphics core can have it's direct x version updated post launch. Will AMD update dedicated cards? What are Intel & Nvidea up to??

saneej

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2009
Welcome back AMD. Expecting to be shining as 2003-2006 period. Intel will follow by copying the same.That is another history.

Status
Not open for further replies.