Gigabyte g1 gaming gtx 1070 fan issues

Iceygriffin

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
This has only started recently, first I thought it was my cpu fan as I am running a ryzen r5 1600 and I originally had the stock cooler, I then switched to a hyper 212 Evo thinking that would fix it but the loud fan rpm still happened which led me to the GPU, when I boot into the bios the fans are perfectly fine but when I get into windows the fans ramp to 100% and are super loud you could hear it in the room next door. I downloaded msi afterburner to set a custom fan config but that didn't change it and the fans still run extremely loud. I also noticed only 2 fans on my GPU are spinning while the 3rd is not. Should I RMA my card?

Solution

I would uninstall "all" drivers, utilities for that GPU, restart PC 'without' downloading the...

Jon Nieves

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013

I would uninstall "all" drivers, utilities for that GPU, restart PC 'without' downloading the drivers, let Windows use it's version, and see if it stopped. Then, if all is well, download the drivers first, reboot. See if that works. Then, lastly, if all is well, download the utility for that card, reboot, and see what's what. This way you know you did it correctly, step by step.

Solution