Review Gigabyte G32QC Gaming Monitor Review: 32 Inches of Class-Leading Contrast

snowlock

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013
Don't do it.
I had this thing 35 days before the backlight started failing. Gigabyte refuses to do return shipping on their defective items after 30 days. Return shipping was $300 via fedex. Skip the middleman and just burn your money instead.
https://ibb.co/6XM72Yb

BlackHoleBox

Reputable
Aug 17, 2016
The explosion of VA "gaming" monitors over the past few years is one of the worst things that could happen to people who value image and motion quality.

Samsung and AUO flooded the market with low grade 32" VA panels leading to countless no-name companies dropping them into cheap cabinets with other substandard components and overpricing them in the name of "gaming" monitors. And since idiots bought them up in droves, the availability of IPS displays shrank and their prices skyrocketed.

So screw you Samsung. Screw you too, AUO.

TK31

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Had this monitor for about 3 months now... It's great! Sure the backlight isnt the best in the market if you really squint on a completely white screen but for the purpose it serves me (gaming/movies) its perfectly fine. Its hard to find a 165hz 1440p 32" monitor for this price (in my local market anyway).

One gripe though is it takes ages for the monitor to wake up. From the time signal is given to when an image appears on the screen.

I had doubts originally with Gigabyte and how much money I was about to sink in, but it was all good in the end. Admittedly my experience seems rare, or just nobody bothers sharing positive experiences.

shaolin95

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2004
The explosion of VA "gaming" monitors over the past few years is one of the worst things that could happen to people who value image and motion quality.

Samsung and AUO flooded the market with low grade 32" VA panels leading to countless no-name companies dropping them into cheap cabinets with other substandard components and overpricing them in the name of "gaming" monitors. And since idiots bought them up in droves, the availability of IPS displays shrank and their prices skyrocketed.

So screw you Samsung. Screw you too, AUO.
Nonsense. And calling others idiots because they have different requirements just shows how childish you are.
IPS with the blooming, pathetic contrast level and light gray blacks is not perfect either. Both have pros and cons depending on the user needs.

TRENDING THREADS