Review Gigabyte G34WQC Review: High-Contrast, Immersive Ultrawide

Nov 2, 2020
Thanks for a first review of this screen, great to hear that Gigabyte has done well with overdrive settings and input lag is fine. Moreover 85% DCI-P3 with an average calibration is good.

However, many users report flickering with VRR turned on both in Freesync and G-sync. Have you experience any and which GPUs have you been using?

Reactions: Jonail

D1v1n3D

Honorable
May 8, 2015
VA panels have a major issue with ghosting or horrible pixel blur at fast motion Nano IPS is still a better looking panel all day everyday, I just wish they would fix the OLED issues of burn in images, and progress into Gaming monitors with 240hz + I will never go less than a 240hz at 1440p specially now that there are cards that can push that at ultra or high settings. GO RX series :). and HP Omen x27 240hz has dci-p3 of 90% on a TN panel and has been out for over a year this Gigabyte is GARBO a lot of games don't natively support ultra wide very niche specially in high end gaming or competition gaming.

aalkjsdflkj

Commendable
Jun 30, 2018
Thank you for the review! I've been waiting a few years for a monitor with these specs - 3440x1440, >100Hz, HDR, Freesync and GSync compatible, curved screen, and most importantly under $400. I thought I'd be waiting a few more years but it looks like they did a good job with this one on top of having the characteristics I was looking for.

Nov 27, 2020
Can you confirm that HDR and Freesync/Gsync work at 144hz simultaneously ?

We were also able to engage HDR with both FreeSync and G-Sync (unofficially) at 144 Hz through DisplayPort. If you connect via HDMI, you'll be limited to a 100 Hz refresh rate

Dec 22, 2020
So, it's now December 2020. Is the Dell S3220DGF "STILL" the best gaming monitor?
Christian Eberle what do you think? Dell or Gigabyte?

Also in your reviews, is there a benefit to either of these monitors using consoles vs PC? Both older xbox one x or the new ones Ps5 and/or xbox series x? Which one makes better since if you will play both console and PC?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS