gigabyte GA-8IK1100

zielik

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2007
Hi all,
I've got a big problem with my MB.
The whole machine had crushed and after pressing power button i can't see anything on the screen, even the keyboard doesn't want to work. I've plugged off hdd and all drives, just let the graphic card stay and it's the same.
This happend after I used Xpress recovery by pressing F9 on start, then I took: 'execute restore' and pressed R button, it didn't worked - it stopped on 0% and said that it couldn't be done. After that it crashed.
I've tried to reset bios by clr_cmos thing on mb and i've tried even bios_rw but neither worked.
Please help me, I'm desperated.

Try removing the board battery for a few seconds, and reinstall. If you can't get it going, check newegg or mwave for a refurb (open box) board. There aren't many new socket 478 boards left with the Intel 875 chipset.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Sorry, I have no more ideas. If the mobo is underwarranty, I'd return it. If it's an older system, i.e., doesn't take DDR2 RAM, probably be better off building a new system rather than replacing the mobo.

zielik

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2007
Eh, yes i want to buy a new mb with 478 socket tommorow so this is dead completely and i have no warranty anymore. I dont need any new sys becouse I got very good pentium 2,8 and nice graphic, I use it only for wrold of warcraft ;). Thanks for all.