Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P no post, video output, or beeps.

dgkresge

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
I recently purchased these...
CPU - AMD FX-6300
Mobo- Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P
GPU - ASUS GeForce GTX 750 Ti
PSU - Antec VP-450W
RAM - (4) Hynix 2GB DDR3 2Rx8 PC3 - 8500U

I've connected everything properly and have it "breadboxing" at the moment. I start it up and everything turns on but I get no display on my monitor. I've also used an AMD HD6770 gpu thinking the graphics card may have been the issue but to no avail. Also changed each ram stick in each slot and nothing. It went to the windows repair screen after about 30 mins of just sitting on while using the AMD HD but didn't display the post screen then didn't work after I had restarted it trying to get the post screen after leaving it on for about an hour. Occasionally with the GTX my monitor would display "Monitor not set to right display 1920 x 1200 60hz" and then go to sleep.

I also tried a different monitor using both the HDMI cable and the standard monitor cable.(blue jack thing)

Still no display, POST, or beeps.

I've removed the battery on the mobo hoping that would fix it but still nothing. I don't know if the mother board is DOA or what but I have a differet one already on it's way. So if you have any solutions I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

I would suggest not using RAM - (4) Hynix 2GB DDR3 2Rx8 PC3 - 8500U, as it is too slow a speed.
I would suggest using a 1600MHz or 1866MHz dual channel kit from a reputable memory manufacturer and not using singles unless you only want to use one module.