Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P + AMD FX6300 Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

leshurex

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
Hi all,

I'm picking components for my new build with an AMD FX6300 and I'm pretty convinced about this mobo, but the only concern that I have is regarding compatibility.

The product page claims "To enable AM3+ AMD FX-Series CPU support, please update your motherboard with the most current BIOS found in your motherboard’s download section."

(I think there's another thread in the site very similar to this, but I was not pleased with the solution)

But what I can tell is that there's only one version available of the BIOS, the F1 version. I guess that's the version that comes right out of the box.
So, reading that was a little disturbing!

Can anyone give me advice about this configuration?

Thanks!

leshurex

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014

Thanks. Maybe you're right and I'm a bit over concerned. I'm still a noob at this, and there are plenty of confusing opinions over the web regarding this model DS3P and the DS3 (which actually have several version of BIOS and AM3+ compatibility issues).

It's supported since BIOS version F1 http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=4591
Pretty sure the guy in the other thread had something else wrong with his PC. Also if the motherboard and CPU are not for some reason compatible they are listed as being so on the manufacturer's site, so you'd have a case against them. Also there's only 1 revision of that motherboard as far as I can see, not sure what the guy was talking about.

Wormslayeer

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
don't fear!! I have the same mobo and procie!!! 'check my specs xD both are compatible out of the box, no need to update the bios :) I hope this helps :D

leshurex

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014

I thought that too! But, since I don't really know much about this mobo I was a little worried about that. Well, it's good to read you think the same way.

Thank you!

leshurex

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014

Great!! Thank you so much. That's the answer I was looking for! Confirm in fact that these too are compatible. Well, it's done. I'll go for that Gigabyte then. Can you recommend it?

Wormslayeer

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013

yep!!! I am happy with it, it has a double UEFI bios, which is very user friendly!! tons of connections ,and it has a better placement for a cpu cooler ,unlike the asrock 970 extreme 3, which is a mehhh :D , although if you are to use a linux OS, I am afraid that the mobo does not support linux , Windows only :O

leshurex

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014

Excellent! I'm more a Windows user, so that won't be a problem. Well, it's decided then! Thank you Wormslayeer.

Thank you all for your support.

Wormslayeer

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013

no problem dude!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.