GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3P vs ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer

Ivan Novakov

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
Hello guys, I'm going to build a new PC and have some problems with the choice of MB.
I was wondering is ASROCK fatal1ty worth it the extra $.
The full part list is here.

Solution
No contest the ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer is a better board , not even close , it's the BEST value on the market.

Yes it's worth the extra.

The Killer also has the better chipset (990).
990fx is better but if you were looking at gigabyte why not there 990fx ud3??
and not saying that asrock is bad seeing I got 2 of them and alls good but the one thing with thr killer boards is that darn quailcom lan . boards with this item never make my to buy list due to it seems too proprietary and I need something that's well supported with most all OS .. so I prefer to stick with realtek or intel lans [opinion] ... but if you are only going to run windows it should not be an issue ,I guess
also the thing about quailcom on things we at work nicknamed them snitch/tateltail units so do I want somebody's device that's known for that on my computer?? [opinion]

Ivan Novakov

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
I'm usually using external LAN card just for sure(electricity problems). I also want to be able to upgrade to 8 core AMD cpu after a couple years and will I be able to OC 8 core CPU on the ASRock MB?

Ivan Novakov

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
One last question. The ram I was going to use is g.skill sniper 1866 but in the ASRock website in the supported memory list i can see only g.skill 1800/1600. Is this a problem?

I owned 3 and and glad there gone of the 3 all the hardware parts striped of of them went right on to there replacement boards and all issues gone , go figure..

1 bad -bad luck --2 bad-damn bad luck-- 3 bad poor quality control , but if you want to learn trouble shooting than I do recommend it [sabertooth ,sunk its teeth in to my bill fold and did not want to let go] ya, asus will be hard pressed to get me back