Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P will not post

Kalarah

Reputable
Mar 28, 2014
I bought a GA-970A-UD3P motherboard and a AMD FX 4130 yesterday.

I installed both and hit the power button. Everything comes on, lights up, fans spin, etc. But it simply does not post.

I can put my Phenom II in and it will post with no issues.

Now then, I don't think its the CPU itself because I have another FX4130 and a FX 6300 from a working computer. I put each of those in, and it still will not post and I noticed the CPU would spin super slow.

I put BOTH 4130's and the 6300 in my working rig and they all work fine, computer posts and everything.

So, what could be the issue? The GA-970A-UD3P comes with F1 BiOS and is THE only listed BiOS on the Gigabyte website, so it appears Im running the latest. Also, the CPU (4130) is supported by the board.

Just what in the world is up with this?

Turn off your computer and unplug the power cord from the power outlet.

After installing the FX-4130, use a metal object like a screwdriver to touch the two pins of the Clear CMOS Jumper for a few seconds.

After system restart, go to BIOS Setup to load factory defaults (select Load Optimized Defaults) or
manually configure the BIOS settings.

Kalarah

Reputable
Mar 28, 2014

I took the battery out for a few minutes. Restarted computer and it finally posted. However, there is an issue.

It will not post with all 4 memory modules installed (4x2GB). At first I thought it was a bad module, however, it posted quite fine with all 4 RAM slots filled with the Phenom CPU and showed in BiOS all 8gb.

I put the two not installed into a different computer and they work fine. So now I am stumped. All RAM modules are fine, the MB is fine the FX 4130 is fine AND the Phenom is fine. So I have no clue as to why I cant use all 4 RAM modules with the FX 4130.

ivicagmc1

Reputable
May 25, 2014

I have simmilar problem. Same board fx 8320. If I resset bios MB wont boot with this procesor and everthig is fine with PII 720. If i change some settings like bus from 200 to 220 and reduce some other things like HT and NB and memory everythig is fine... Also board dettects wrong default settings for my processor somethimes... Very wierd. Need BIOS update....bad...