[SOLVED] GIGABYTE GA-A320M-S2H compatible with Zen 3?

I have a friend that runs a R7 1700X on this Gigabyte A320 board. I'm aware that on it's BIOS support page, there is no mention of Zen 3, but I'm wondering if any owners out there have successfully run the Ryzen 5 5600X on it. I've read that a few articles about people successfully running Zen 3 on other board makers motherboards, and wondered if anyone had experience running it on this particular board.

If it is not supported, no, that will not happen.
And it is not.
currently, only B550, X570 and A520 are 5000 compatible with B450 and X470 support coming in january.
B350 and X370 are rumoured to support it since the chipset is almost identical to B450 and X470 with minimal changes, so motherboard manufacturers can probably backport it, even though it is not officially supported by AMD, but again, rumored, It may not be possible, or motherboard manufacturers might just not care enough to try.

A320 is almost 100% not getting any support.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I have a friend that runs a R7 1700X on this Gigabyte A320 board. I'm aware that on it's BIOS support page, there is no mention of Zen 3, but I'm wondering if any owners out there have successfully run the Ryzen 5 5600X on it. I've read that a few articles about people successfully running Zen 3 on other board makers motherboards, and wondered if anyone had experience running it on this particular board.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-rev-20/support#support-cpu

No support for your board or any 3XX boards.
You need a 4XX or 5XX board the BIOS updates are already out for those to use a 5XXX processor.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS