Question GIGABYTE GA-B85M-DS3H on boot loop

Dec 8, 2019
Hi all. I have a Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H motherboard which does not start. Pressing the power button turns on the power LED as well as the micro fans and power supply but there is neither sound in the speaker nor video in the monitor. At 4 or 5 seconds it restarts and does the same. I already tried changing microprocessor, memory, source, etc. If I disconnect the ram memory it starts to give intermittent beeps, signal that it is detecting that there is no ram in the Motherboard. Does anyone know what causes this failure? Thanks for the help.

Dec 8, 2019
Can you give a little more info. Is it a complete build? Is it old or new? What are the hardware names? Ty.;)
Thanks for answering. The motherboard is not new, it is already something used but still in good condition. The microprocessor is an Intel Core I3 4160. It is only the motherboard module with microprocessor and DDR3 ram memory. I don't know if these are the data you ask me for. If I can give you any other information, please tell me. Thank you.

Thanks for answering. The motherboard is not new, it is already something used but still in good condition. The microprocessor is an Intel Core I3 4160. It is only the motherboard module with microprocessor and DDR3 ram memory. I don't know if these are the data you ask me for. If I can give you any other information, please tell me. Thank you.
Is there a cpu cooling fan on the cpu?

Dec 8, 2019
Ok so we are on the same page, this is all installed in pc ready to go just wont post?
Yes, everything is ready and reviewed. Only when I turn on the Motherboard it turns off after 4 or 5 seconds and turns on again and so ... On one or two occasions during the power-up attempts, it has been running for longer, but still, without video or setup or bios signal. I don't know if it will have to do but when I turn it on instead of the classic beep, two slight clicks are heard in the speaker, almost imperceptible and one last click when it goes out. I know that the speaker is in good condition because, as I said, when removing the RAM from the Motherboard, this warns that it is missing that memory module.

Dec 8, 2019
And since the motherboard is on the older side, try replacing cmos battery with a new one.
Yes, I think we did that test too. All basic tests are done. It really is a puzzle this Motherboard. I think I will need to do a thorough cleaning to remove all the micro dust that I may have. I have read that this can be the cause of such a damage. What is your opinion about this? Will dust be the cause of this malfunction?

Dec 8, 2019
Yes, I think we did that test too. All basic tests are done. It really is a puzzle this Motherboard. I think I will need to do a thorough cleaning to remove all the micro dust that I may have. I have read that this can be the cause of such a damage. What is your opinion about this? Will dust be the cause of this malfunction?
Any other suggestions? I don't know how to do other checks. I wish I could repair this Motherboard. Thank you.