Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R and Intel Q9550

AC35

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
Hey Everyone,
I've been searching around the forum and haven't seem any discussion on this topic.
How well does the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R pair up with Q9550?
Is their any known issue?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

AC35

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
Cool !! Please post your results. I'm just holding off until after thanksgiving sale.
Hopefully the mobo will go on sale.

I'm planning to overclock to 3.2ghz. Hopefully I can get it to stable.

G

I own this board and it is very easy to overclock and very solid once you find a good overclock here is what im running at

G

I heard the ud3r mobo from gigabyte is the single best overclocker, was thinking about changing my asus p5q for it, but i'm like... whats 10 fsb... lol

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
I have a Gigabyte UD3P and Q9550. Can do 3.6Ghz without special tweeking and temp never goes above 45c. I think I can pull 3.8Ghz without getting too silly with the tweeking.
This is WAY better than my Dual-Core E6400 which peaked at 2.8Ghz @ 65c.
Gigabyte is by far the best for OC (from what little I know), since that board has dual-BIOS. If an OC fails, it loads the backup BIOS and allows more changes to be made. I.E., very forgiving OCing.
The Gigabyte also has tons of tweek options, but you really need to know what you're doing while going beyond fsp, volts, etc.
Asus is good and has more software tools, but the Dual-BIOS makes all the difference. More so when a BIOS update fails !!!

fmosracing

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
I just upgraded from an ASUS P5ND to the EP45-UD3R. Wow, what a huge difference. My Q9550 is currently running 4.1Ghz at 1.30V, about 55C at 100% load on a cheap water setup. It has more in it, but it'll be a few weeks before I can test it because it's busy running statistics simulations.

The only downside to the board is that there are some wide gaps in RAM timing; so, you either have to have very good memory sticks with big heat spreaders, or you have to be willing to take a hit on RAM performance and step it down.