[SOLVED] Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H Motherboard Not POSTing

Apr 2, 2019
I built my dad a computer with the Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H motherboard, 2x4GB G.Skillz RipJaws DDR4 RAM, Intel i3 6100, and a Corsair 450W PSU. Since a hard drive is not needed to get into BIOS, I know this is not the issue.

For the best part of a year and 3 months, the computer was working fine. Suddenly it has packed up.

When powering on, the fans spin so there is power. I have even tried a different PSU to rule out not enough power from the PSU.

There is a small audio section on the motherboard which normally has a yellow glowing light around it, when powered on, but this is not happening anymore.

I have swapped in different sticks of RAM, to no avail.

I have tried to reset the CMOS, and I've tried a different CMOS battery. Same results.

At this point I am thinking it has to be the CPU or motherboard itself.

All of this was bought on Amazon.

I am wondering if there are any other steps I can take to solve this, or if GigaByte are going to still offer a replacement if it's under warranty?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
Looks like Gigabyte offers a 3 year warranty on their Motherboards. I would find out the exact purchase date and contact them. The motherboard is the most likely cause of failure. CPUs are reasonably hard to kill when treated well throughout their life.

Darth Sicaedus

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Looks like Gigabyte offers a 3 year warranty on their Motherboards. I would find out the exact purchase date and contact them. The motherboard is the most likely cause of failure. CPUs are reasonably hard to kill when treated well throughout their life.

Solution
Apr 2, 2019
Thank you very much! I am in the process of doing this and thought as much. I've put my own i5 through a lot and it's going strong for 2 years so it had to be the motherboard on this build.

Darth Sicaedus

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
No problem, I've killed Mobos and other stuff, but the CPU has always survived. Even back in 2009 when I accidentally severed a fan wire on my case and it fried the RAM, Mobo and one of my GTX 275's, the i7 920 was still fine. Couldn't believe it.

Apr 2, 2019
No problem, I've killed Mobos and other stuff, but the CPU has always survived. Even back in 2009 when I accidentally severed a fan wire on my case and it fried the RAM, Mobo and one of my GTX 275's, the i7 920 was still fine. Couldn't believe it.
Damn those intel processors are stubborn af! How does a severed fan wire even get to frying the ram and GPU?

Darth Sicaedus

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
It arc'd off of the case with a big pop and everything shutdown. When I finally got around to getting a new motherboard, the RAM didn't work so I got new RAM and then one of the GPUs didn't work. I was surprised that anything survived. It was very stupid. I was fusing around while the computer was on. I forgot put electrical tape over a cable routing hole a had cut to make larger. The nice sharp edge sliced the wire like butter.