[SOLVED] Gigabyte GA-H170-D3HP restarts after POST

Calab

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2014
I just reinstalled Window 10 64bit Pro onto my PC. Everything went well. All the drivers I needed were installed, software was installed, documents restored... Then I installed the Gigabyte Mainboard Utilities...

The utilities seemed to install without an issue. I opened each one and took a look. SIV, EasyTune (didn't change anything), USB Blocker, Color Temp, Fastboot (I set the PC to fast boot), I used @bios to update the boot graphic of the PC. I rebooted the PC and saw my new graphic. Then the PC restarted... and restarted... and restarted...

I used the DEL key and was able to get to the BIOS settings and reset it to defaults. Still restarting after post... I used the mainboard jumper to clear the settings.... Still restarting... I used the BIOS QFlash to rewrite the BIOS, which went without any errors. I see the original Gigabyte graphic when powering on... IT'S STILL RESTARTING...

I can use F12 and choose a boot drive. Even if I choose to boot a USB stick it STILL restarts without trying to load the OS from the memory stick.

At this point I don't know what to do. The PC was running super smoothly before I did anything with the Gigabyte mainboard utilities.

Solution
Tried this, and holding the power button trick in the video. Now the machine won't even POST.
What's worse is that I'm not having any luck finding a replacement mainboard.
Assuming this is the exact motherboard you have:
This is a dual bios mobo. The back-up bios should function even if your main bios got corrupted for a bad flash or tweaking the settings. And chances of both bios getting corrupt is slim. Just check the rams individually to ensure this isn't a memory issue.

serioussamik17

Distinguished
Seems like the infamous Boot Loop. Take the CMOS out battery out and put it back in 10 mins (after unplugging the PSU ) cord to ensure that the capacitors are fully discharged which sometimes cause issues.
Then enter BIOS and try disabling fast boot and check if the issue persists. On rare occasions, fast-boot does not allow BIOS to be loaded read fully and causes issues. You can find the setting in the "Boot Menu" of your BIOS and manually disable it. If required check other settings and consult your motherboard BIOS manual to find out what are the default values.

Also, you can check this video to see if it helps:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ga05av4b2I

Calab

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2014
Seems like the infamous Boot Loop. Take the CMOS out battery out and put it back in 10 mins (after unplugging the PSU ) cord to ensure that the capacitors are fully discharged which sometimes cause issues.
Tried this, and holding the power button trick in the video. Now the machine won't even POST.

serioussamik17

Distinguished
Assuming this is the exact motherboard you have:
This is a dual bios mobo. The back-up bios should function even if your main bios got corrupted for a bad flash or tweaking the settings. And chances of both bios getting corrupt is slim. Just check the rams individually to ensure this isn't a memory issue.

Last edited:
Solution