Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H Will it support Windows 8/8.1/10 with Windows 7 Drivers

Niyazi Haci Halil

Reputable
Jun 23, 2015
Hi, i always loved this website, i got answers for everything so i know this community is verry big and trusty. So, i have the Gigabyte H55M-S2H rev 1.0 or 1.1 don't remember(both are almost the same i think) and i have Win7 x64 installed on it. Now, i want to install Windows 10 when it comes out in 29 July (i saw the release date form a website) so i wonder if i can install it and use Windows 7 drivers for it because Gigabyte does not support Windows 8 and above for this motherboard. i've read on some forums that this can work but im not sure. What do you guys think? Should i try to install Windows 10 when it comes out and install Win7 drivers or this iwll be an overkill for this MoBo
Thank you so much!

Solution
the Intel 8 Series chipset is 100% compatible with Windows10 so should be the LAN and Audio that is on these motherboards.

after installing Windows10, run Windows Update to get the latest drivers before checking the the hardware manufacturer websites for new drivers.
the Intel 8 Series chipset is 100% compatible with Windows10 so should be the LAN and Audio that is on these motherboards.

after installing Windows10, run Windows Update to get the latest drivers before checking the the hardware manufacturer websites for new drivers.

Solution