Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R RAID 0 Can't Install Windows

G

Hi guys, i need some help here.

I just upgrade my system, I have 2x WD AAKS 500 gigs. I did raid them together in my old machine for OS. And I want to do the same for new machine using gigabyte UD3R. The problem is, after setup the bios, (activate raid ICHR10R), setup the raid0, I cant install windows!!! After post, windows boot manager come up saying that it cant find winload.exe, the application missing, corrupted etc.

If I turned off the RAID, the windows 7 x64 installation boot up just fine.

How do I install Raid 0 in this motherboard? I thought windows 7 already has the driver for RAID 0 on ICH10R, is that correct?

Thanks

jchambers2586

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
Hi guys, i need some help here.

I just upgrade my system, I have 2x WD AAKS 500 gigs. I did raid them together in my old machine for OS. And I want to do the same for new machine using gigabyte UD3R. The problem is, after setup the bios, (activate raid ICHR10R), setup the raid0, I cant install windows!!! After post, windows boot manager come up saying that it cant find winload.exe, the application missing, corrupted etc.

If I turned off the RAID, the windows 7 x64 installation boot up just fine.

How do I install Raid 0 in this motherboard? I thought windows 7 already has the driver for RAID 0 on ICH10R, is that correct?

Thanks
Is that amd or intel? sound like a driver issue to me.