[SOLVED] Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 rev 1.0 Won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxTehLegend

Honorable
Nov 20, 2015
I recently bought this brand new motherboard. When I first installed it, it booted fine and was able to enter windows, then I tried entering bios and changing boot priority to my ssd. After I reset my screen seems to be frozen. I see the white "gigabyte ultra durable series motherboard" post screen and it says tab post screen, del bios setup/q flash, f9 system information, f12 boot menu, and end, q flash. I tried spamming delete with a old keyboard and nothing. Will not enter bios. I tried entering qflash. Nothing. I tried entering everything. Nothing. After 5 minutes the screen goes black and shows a line blinking and nothing after that. I've tried removing CMOS battery, and clearing cmos. Nothing. Same stuff over and over. What gets me is that it was working before. So everything is working. Somehow entering the bios made everything freeze.

Thanks for reading

MaxTehLegend

Honorable
Nov 20, 2015
I had a cheap Chinese x79 motherboard that had sorta the same problem as this but I disconnected my USB devices from the 3.0 ports and plugged them into the 2.0 ports and it worked fine, I don't have a PS2 keyboard on hand so if there is another way I'd have to take that way

Yamitime

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014

It worked before when you entered bios !
You may have reset bios to defaults by going into bios and configuring something incorrectly resulting in your bios being reset .

Yamitime

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014

You cant enter bios now as legacy is probably turned off due to the reset of bios .
The way to fix is to use old stylee kb to turn the legacy usb back on .

MaxTehLegend

Honorable
Nov 20, 2015
Thanks, when I plugged in the PS2 to USB adapter in, the keyboard lights don't come up. However if I plug the keyboards usb into a different slot, boom. LEDs show up. But it seems to be frozen because I can't toggle mum lock, caps or scroll lock. So I'm assuming it's freezing when it reaches that screen. I've tried only using 2 sticks of ram, cleared cmos countless times, removed cmos battery, re seating everything. Nothing. It shows up with the white post screen showing me options on how to get to bios, q flash, etc. After I leave it for 2 minutes the computer resets itself and all I see is a black screen with a blinking line. I've tried pressing everything on my keyboard. It just seems frozen. I've tried different keyboards, nothing. Why is this happening with a brand new motherboard? It can't be bricked after changing to my ssd as the boot priority. And it's not like my components don't work. I've been using my other CPU and motherboard for the mean time playing games fine. And my CPU works fine too. I bought a cheap Chinese x79 motherboard from Amazon and all worked well. If there's some way of q flashing or booting to bios without having to press anything I think i can fix this.

MaxTehLegend

Honorable
Nov 20, 2015
Also I accidentally forgot to plug my pcie power to my graphics card when booting, after the white boot screen it goes black and tells me to power off and connect pcie power to my graphics card

MaxTehLegend

Honorable
Nov 20, 2015
I've tried no ram and it won't post (makes sense) tried 1 stick of ram (same thing happens. Just keeps freezing then boots to black screen with blinking line) 2 sticks of ram (same thing) 3 and 4 sticks of ram same thing, tried without CPU 8 pin connector, won't post (makes sense) tried no GPU pcie power, (just tells me to power off and plug it in) cleared cmos (just does the same thing) removed cmos battery (didn't change anything) replaced the cmos battery with new one (no difference) no cmos battery (nothing changes) I've tried removing hdd (nothing changes) removed ssd (nope). Tried PS2 adapter (doesn't even seem to power my main and old keyboard). Nothing seems to be stopping it from freezing when boot up.

MaxTehLegend

Honorable
Nov 20, 2015
Ok turns out my PS2 adapter doesn't work. I use it on my other motherboard a and it seems to do nothing. I'll get another one or PS2 keyboard and try again

Yamitime

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014

:)

MaxTehLegend

Honorable
Nov 20, 2015
None of the buttons work, it will just sit there on the post screen frozen. Then 2 minutes later, the pc resets and I get a black screen with a line blinking....

MaxTehLegend

Honorable
Nov 20, 2015
Something strange is happening. Every time I spam control windows key alt and delete it will boot loop and if I stop pressing the buttons it will go reset and go to the white screen again

MaxTehLegend

Honorable
Nov 20, 2015

yes i did that 100 times. and still doesnt work. im just gonna have to send it back. never buying any old motherboards again

Status
Not open for further replies.