Question gigabyte ga x79 up4 rev 1.0 help

Mar 4, 2019
Apparently e5 1650 v2s aren't compatible with rev 1.0 of x79 up4 mobos. I assume its a microcode kind of thing, does anyone have any idea how I should add cpu microcodes into my bios? I've tried flashing my mobo to rev 1.1 but that didn't work either, please help.

Mar 4, 2019
You could just sell the 1650 and get an i7 4930k instead. Nearly identical in specs and they sell for cheap on Ebay (last I saw about 4 months ago)

I can't really access a cheap 4930k from where I live unfortunately and not a lot of people are willing to buy my xeon either so I'm pretty much stuck to flashing

mgallo848

Commendable
If you take a gamble and try to modifly the BIOS there's a very good chance things can go wrong and you'll turn the motherboard into a paperweight. Why not just sell the CPU and motherboard and buy a CPU/motherboard combo that is compatable with each other.

Mar 4, 2019
If you take a gamble and try to modifly the BIOS there's a very good chance things can go wrong and you'll turn the motherboard into a paperweight. Why not just sell the CPU and motherboard and buy a CPU/motherboard combo that is compatable with each other.

I have dual bios, should be fine. I also have an eeprom flasher if it does brick