Question Gigabyte ga z87 hd3 -No video - might be corrupt BIOS

roshanrbb

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2014
Hi all, I am having issue with my motherboard with no video output on my monitors

-It was working fine the day before and I had updated my BIOS from version F6 to F8 from within the BIOS using QFlash, I just hope it did not write the new BIOS to both main and backup BIOS.
-Tried two different monitors with two different cables- no video outputs to both monitor -both monitors works fine on known good system
-I don't see the Gigabyte splash screen so that leads me to believe BIOS might be corrupt
-Tried with both discrete as well as iGPU -same issue, no video
-Tried reseating RAM, SSD, Discrete GPU -same issue, no video
-Tried to do minimal post by removing discrete GPU, RAM, SSD - still same - still same, no video
-Tried to short the clear_CMOS pins -still same
-Tried to remove the CMOS battery -still same
-It does have the dual BIOS chip labelled M_BIOS & B_BIOS and I have tried the methods 1 & 2 listed here to no avail, just wanted to check here before i go short out the main BIOS pins
-Can see the fans spins and power button lit up and it all

Not sure what other options I can try next before shorting out the pins in Main BIOS

Last edited:

roshanrbb

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2014
Hi, I was able to press and hold the power button for 15 seconds and the backup bios loaded and flashed the corrupted main bios and it's working fine now
Thanks for all the help