[SOLVED] Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 Sys_Fan1&2 headers max Ampere

TheFlyingCelt

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2015
Hi guys!
Before asking here I went though the whole internet to try and find an answer, but with no luck. I also read the entire manual of my mainboard but nothing.
Anybody knows what the max Ampere value is provided by the SYS_FAN1 and SYS_FAN2 fan headers please?
I need to know that in order to figure out how many fans I can connect to those headers.
Thanks in advance!

Max

Solution
For old Z97 chipset MB, all the fan_headers should be 1 Amp, also recommend to left some headroom, like put the Amp up to 0.8A, because if the fans are the LED type, if they run more bright or faster, they will draw more Amp, only the newer Z370 or Z390 has 2 Amp or 3 Amp.

Not every manufacturer will provide that info, but like asus Z97-A, check the manual page 1-28, you can see that.
For old Z97 chipset MB, all the fan_headers should be 1 Amp, also recommend to left some headroom, like put the Amp up to 0.8A, because if the fans are the LED type, if they run more bright or faster, they will draw more Amp, only the newer Z370 or Z390 has 2 Amp or 3 Amp.

Not every manufacturer will provide that info, but like asus Z97-A, check the manual page 1-28, you can see that.

Solution

TheFlyingCelt

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2015
Hi @cin19 and thanks for your reply.
LEDs on some fans are managed and powered by a dedicated controller, hence that doesn't really worry me.
So it's 1 Amp, right? Ok, I think I should be ok, hopefully.
Out of curiosity, what would happen if I draw 1.2Amp out of a 1Amp header? Would it overheat, just run the fans slower or damage the headers?
Thanks buddy!