Gigabyte ga320-sh ryzen 5 2400g BSOD (Kernel security check failure)

ChrisCamm

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
Specs:
Ryzen 5 2400 g stock clock
16 gb ram crucial ballistx 2400 mhz
Gigabyte 320-SH Bios F22
No video card
Thermaltake 600wtts 80+ white
Kingston ssd 240 + 1 tb hdd

Hello again community,

This is my third post about bsod's with ryzen. Two with my machine and now one on my friend's, which I built less than a month ago.
I dont know what am I doing wrong, but all pieces are brand new, bought in the same store, with warranty, Its not likely that I've got twice faulty hardware.
The local store build the PC and I just installed the windows, then video drivers.

My friend was starting a render in 3dsmax when the BSOD with "Kernel security check failure" code came.
My PC had similar issues (BSODs when rendering) IRQL not equal, memory management, so i brought it to the store, then they just updated the bios to version f23d.

Is it Ryzen so unstable or I'm missing some configuration in the bios?
tweaking the ram clock/voltages?

EDIT: Just discovered two new BSODS logged in the event viewer:
STOP 0x00000ea
STOP 0x00000c2

I'm guessing that's A320M-S2H, as there is no ga320-sh.

Ryzen 5 2400G official value is DDR4-2933 for single sided memory and one memory stick per channel (1 DPC), or DDR4-2667 for double sided memory at 1DPC, DDR4-2667 for single-sided memory and 2DPC, and DDR4-2400 for double sided at 2DPC (two DIMMS per channel).

What "16 gb ram crucial ballistx 2400 MHz" is, I don't know. It could be one, two, four, DIMMs purchased separately or together. You need to list the part number or link to it.

Also, the actual memory clock speed, DRAM voltage, and DRAM timings should be listed to see how that compares to the rated memory specifications.

you had two bugchecks one was a thread stuck in a device driver, the second was a bad pool call.

generally, you would go to your motherboard vendors website and update the bios and install the current motherboard drivers.

the bad pool call is most often just a driver attempting to use a memory allocation it already freed back to windows. it can also be other things, i can not tell without looking at a memory dmp.

make sure you have updated windows to the current version. windows provides a cpu patch dll that fixes known issues in the cpu. the bios update also pick up these patches but some might lag behind in doing the patches.

remove all gpu and cpu overclocking (depends on the bugcheck address used in the memory dump, but it is not a good idea to debug with overclocking enabled)

ChrisCamm

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017

Those are two modules of 8 gbs each one Crucial Ballistx sports DDR4-2400 bought separately (in my country twin modules sold in the same package are hard to find if not expensive)

ChrisCamm

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017

my friend's pc is brand new, bios updated to the last one.
Clean windows installation also. No overclocking
Did you mention a CPU dll? where i could find it?

windows update will provide the cpu microcode update dll.

the intel version is called mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll
i think the amd version is mcupdate_AuthenticAMD.dll
(or something like that)

Amd also put out some direct patches but don't use them. people have really strange bugs when they are installed.
(mainly because they don't get uninstalled when the bios is updated or when windows gets new updates)

ChrisCamm

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017

Windows is updated to lastest version