Question gigabyte ga970 stuck in bios boot loop

devil81

Honorable
Feb 26, 2014
Hi everyone:

I've got this strange issue with my gigabyte ga970 gaming am3 motherboard. I replaced my old mechanical HDD with SanDisk SSD, 500gb identical after cloning the drive, really fast and happy days. So I shut down the pc to install a Samsung 1tb SSD, as backup and also reinstall my soundcard, Asus STX 2.

No problems, I thought as everything was work prior to this. How wrong was I ever since then it's been stuck in this loop- pc fires up---beep---gigabyte boot screen---then the bios screen but only with gigabyte uefi dual boot on the top with a blue screen no options----beep----and repeat.

No matter what I do running with original setup, running graphics card only, clearing CMOS via jumper and battery removal. Nothing works.

Please help as I'm stuck using my phone and I cannot afford to to upgrade to an am4 ryzen, for awhile. What's going on and anything I can do or is it toast.

I would replace the motherboard like for like but it's been discontinued. Any suggestions for similar motherboard around £90, as I only need it for a few months.

Thanks,

Christian

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS