Gigabyte Gaming Laptop Has Discrete GTX 850M

Status
Not open for further replies.

red77star

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Microsoft said Surface Pro 3 can replace your laptop so it is ok to compare it to this product therefore it is better than Surface Pro 3 by mile and i know (it is by a mile but don't care). I wish you people read sometimes what you write...claiming what MS claims and than contradicting yourself just like that flop company does saying something like...but they are totally different products.

exar333

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2004
Microsoft said Surface Pro 3 can replace your laptop so it is ok to compare it to this product therefore it is better than Surface Pro 3 by mile and i know (it is by a mile but don't care). I wish you people read sometimes what you write...claiming what MS claims and than contradicting yourself just like that flop company does saying something like...but they are totally different products.

You are an idiot. Different machines, different purposes. MS said the Pro 3 was to replace a standard Ultrabook, not a discrete laptop (which this is).

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
Comparing this to the Surface is absurd. Those of us who have to work for a living and carry around a laptop to make real presentations on understand this. Children who live with their parents and game all day do not.

red77star

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Exar333 go to www.microsoft.com and it clearly says:

Surface
Meet the tablet that can replace your laptop. Surface Pro 2.
As I said you people need to read multiple times what they write and check the facts before calling someone an idiot or claiming something. Gotta love brain-washed people...

red77star

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Southernshark,

I agree with you but it is Microsoft which compares Surface to Laptop. Their statement is right there on their web site.

MANOFKRYPTONAK

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
You guys are brutal, microsoft did say the Surface 3 can replace your laptop. And no it cannot, at least not all of the way. I am a college student working on my masters degree in biology, and a doctorate of chiropractic, I long for a true tablet laptop replacement... Maybe in a year or two.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
Better than Surface Pro 3 by mile.

I'll take a surface pro 3 over this anyday. Surface has a IPS WQHD panel with touch and digitizer, and weighs under 2 lbs with 9 hours battery life. This gaming laptop weighs 5 pounds, has a ugly TN panel, and a entry level dedicated gpu and 3 hours of battery life.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Question: Has this been properly stress tested to make sure that it will not overheat even under extremely demanding usage? Because I have read too many cases of computers with NVidia discrete graphics overheating lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.