Question Gigabyte gaming X b450 audio inputs

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
so I am planning to buy a simple pair of speakers (mars ms1 , https://es.marsgaming.eu/en/audio/ms1-gaming-speakers_ms1#product-buy) that have a little sub woofer (I guess) I currently have a very simple BT mono speaker so will be a huge upgrade for me , I most of the time use earphones so it will be enough . My question is if my motherboard supports two audio outputs connected ? since I have already my earphones connected to the green jack and it´s to stay there always . I have a 3.5mm jack on the case and the monitor but I believe that the motherboard jack will make speakers sound a bit better.

I have none to little knowledge about sound , so if said something wrong , I am sorry

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
You should be able to connect them to the blue jack on the motherboard if you have one? if not then it only supports one connection directly.

There is a small benefit in sound quality from using the motherboard output. Personally I would say the headphones matter most for sound quality so I would plug the speakers into the case if you don’t have a blue jack.

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
You should be able to connect them to the blue jack on the motherboard if you have one? if not then it only supports one connection directly.

There is a small benefit in sound quality from using the motherboard output. Personally I would say the headphones matter most for sound quality so I would plug the speakers into the case if you don’t have a blue jack.
yes I have one blue jack , thank you.