GigaByte GeForce 2 Pro - Failed in 3dmark2001??

G

Hi all,

Recently, I've installed the captioned display card, under Win98, and then try to run 3dmark2001.

However, the test will always termainated suddenly, after running 2-3 test items, and the 3dmark2001 is termainated automatically.

I've tried to upgrade to the latest driver from Nvidia web site(ver 12.xx). But the resutl is the same.

Besides, I haven't overclocked my CPU/GPU.

Can anyone give me any advise??

Thanks!!

mpjesse

Splendid
Try the Detonator 6.xx series drivers (try 6.72). I myself have had a lot of trouble with the 12.41 drivers- my card performs a LOT slower with them. I have a GeForce 2 Pro as well.

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

G

Thanks for your help.

BTW, how's the performance of the 6.31 driver?? Nvidia claims the new version will have higer performance, just wounder downgrading will lost the performance............

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I have tried every major revision. Some newer ones were SLOWER, some were unstable, none outperformed 6.31 on my system by more than 1%. Some people swear by 6.47, 6.49, or 6.50. The newer drivers (newer than 6.x) were made for newer cards (such as the GO and Geforce 3) and do nothing to increase the performance of Geforce 2's.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
I've gotten the best performance from version 10.80, the best thing to do is to use multiple drivers to see which one best suits your system. You can always find 10 different people with different results for all the drivers that were released.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

G

Thanks all of you for your comment. BTW, would you advise where I can get the old version of the driver?? I've search the NVIDIA web site, it just shows the newest version driver.

Thank!!