Gigabyte GeForce GT 640 (OC version) price value?

Solution
HardOCP's FS/FT forum is much larger than ours. This is where I go to for "current" used prices. I said "current" because the most recent one I found was for last year.

https://hardforum.com/threads/fs-ft-corsair-so-dimm-ddr3-ballistix-sport-vlp-dd3-gt-640-lumia-950xl.1860650/

$30 is what he was looking for, and it didn't sell. Lower end cards don't see the price increases like gaming cards, so the true value should still be around there. And again, it didn't sell.

The 5850 is a better gaming card than the 5750 of course. I'm not sure how either stacks up against the 640. I don't think any of those cards will make good current generation gaming cards. If you just want to play older games you should be fine.

Brucealmighty

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
Ok so, as I suspected, I will try to push it down to 20$, it is going to be used mainly for office purposes and some old games I still play. The reason I was considering this card, it has the connections I needed for 2 monitors (2XDVI) + 1 HDTV (HDMI), and it has at least 2GB ram to support 2-3 monitors.

For actual gaming I might go for a DDR5 card someone else is selling in my area, but it only has 1GB
Sapphire HD5750 1GB ddr5
and/or
PowerColor Radeon HD 5850 1gb ddr5 (256 bit)

Both of these are on sale for ~40 as well, I might be able to lower it to 25-30$.

The card will go in either one of 2 different machines
1. Q6600 OC to 3.0ghz + 4GB (hopefully 8GB soon) ddr2 800mhz
2. Q6700 OC to 3.3ghz + 4GB (hopefully 8GB) ddr3 1333mhz (looking for 1600/1866)

Unfortunately I can't buy anything similar on Ebay since the shipping costs are out of control, sometimes way more than the card itself, so it doesn't make any sense to even consider anything from there, not to mention 90% on Ebay is Chinese fake junk I don't want to take any chances with.

Edit: I might have my i5-2500 (non K) going again, currently having some issue with its motherboard, not really sure I want to spend on a new motherboard right now, but still considering it instead of the other 2 rigs i mentioned above.

4745454b

Titan
HardOCP's FS/FT forum is much larger than ours. This is where I go to for "current" used prices. I said "current" because the most recent one I found was for last year.

https://hardforum.com/threads/fs-ft-corsair-so-dimm-ddr3-ballistix-sport-vlp-dd3-gt-640-lumia-950xl.1860650/

$30 is what he was looking for, and it didn't sell. Lower end cards don't see the price increases like gaming cards, so the true value should still be around there. And again, it didn't sell.

The 5850 is a better gaming card than the 5750 of course. I'm not sure how either stacks up against the 640. I don't think any of those cards will make good current generation gaming cards. If you just want to play older games you should be fine.

Solution