[SOLVED] Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Eagle 8GB (Low Performance)

Frankie4Fingarz

Commendable
Apr 24, 2019
Hello!
I have just purchased a new Graphics card (Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Eagle 8GB) And am slightly disappointed in the performance I am getting from it. I tried reinstalling windows and have felt all games feel slightly more stable but still not what I was expecting!
Games: (all played at 1080p Max settings)
RDR2: In my Test I was getting a extremely stable 55-56 fps! Which is odd as i have seen 3070's reach the high 80's! (possibly have a weird setting)
Warzone: Getting an extremely widespread result all throughout the match starting at 170 going to 140 back up then to 120 etc (saw it reach high 90's)
BFV: I am getting around 120 - 144 FPS (Capped at 120 due to drops) (Haven't played since reinstalling win 10) (seen 3070's reach 180 stable)

*I'm very worried I wont beable to play cyberpunk 2077 maxed with 60fps!

I am also wondering if I'm overthink this and that my card is running perfectly fine and I didn't make a bad decision!

Thanks to everyone who try's to help out! :D

Solution
RDR2 has issues with CPUs without hyperthreading, even on the 9700k. I cannot seem to find the video, but gamers nexus demonstrated this. Both the 9700k and 9600k had issues where CPUs with far fewer cores but with ht like a 7700k didn't, so clearly a game optimization issue.

Those results do not seem too far from what I would expect. What are your CPU and GPU temps?

Frankie4Fingarz

Commendable
Apr 24, 2019
Please list your full system specifications:
  • CPU
  • RAM (How much and how many sticks)
  • Hard Drive/SSD
  • Motherboard
  • Power Supply wattage, model, and age
I’m so sorry idk how it didn’t make it in the post completely forgot

CPU: I7 9700k
Ram: 16gb Corsair Vengence 2x8gb 3200mhz
Kingston Ssd
Seagate 2tb
Msi gaming edge z390m
Sea sonic 750w (need to double check the model on phone right now) 1 month old

I’m so sorry idk how it didn’t make it in the post completely forgot

CPU: I7 9700k
Ram: 16gb Corsair Vengence 2x8gb 3200mhz
Kingston Ssd
Seagate 2tb
Msi gaming edge z390m
Sea sonic 750w (need to double check the model on phone right now) 1 month old

I have the same CPU as you. Have you overclocked it?

The results you have in most games don't sound too unusual to me. My guess is that you have your settings cranked up a lot higher in RDR2 than in the benchmark you saw. In the anti-aliasing section, make sure that you don't have super-sampling enabled; that'll kill your frame rates.

RDR2 has issues with CPUs without hyperthreading, even on the 9700k. I cannot seem to find the video, but gamers nexus demonstrated this. Both the 9700k and 9600k had issues where CPUs with far fewer cores but with ht like a 7700k didn't, so clearly a game optimization issue.

Those results do not seem too far from what I would expect. What are your CPU and GPU temps?

Solution

Frankie4Fingarz

Commendable
Apr 24, 2019
I have the same CPU as you. Have you overclocked it?

The results you have in most games don't sound too unusual to me. My guess is that you have your settings cranked up a lot higher in RDR2 than in the benchmark you saw. In the anti-aliasing section, make sure that you don't have super-sampling enabled; that'll kill your frame rates.
Thanks so much you don’t know how much this helps can finally stop stressing!

Frankie4Fingarz

Commendable
Apr 24, 2019

Thank you so much will consider that now ! My temps are actually quite low high 50’s on both which is very impressive just got a new case as well