Gigabyte GTX 1060 HDMI port not working

iFlip92

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
Hi, I have a problem with my new Gigabyte GTX 1060. The HDMI port doesn't send a signal to any of my TVs. DVI works fine. I had even sent the previous 1060 on RMA thinking it was a HDMI port problem after reading others having this issue online but the new one just arrived and same issue. I tried on 2 different TVs, 5(five!) different HDMI cables and my monitor without success. Oddly the TV detects that my PC is plugged into it but just no video signal. The cable works cos I can use it for my internal GPU and used to use it on my previous 970. Is this some kind of HDMI 2.0 vs older HDMI versions issue? I thought they are backwards compatible...

PS: before anyone asks yes the 6pin is plugged in.

iFlip92

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
TV doesn't have a DVI port. I think you mean the other way DVI-> HDMI adapter. While I appreciate the suggestion I managed to fix it somehow by updating my TV firmware and the latest NVidia drivers. Not sure how either is related to the issue but it started working all of a sudden. I suspect maybe the TV HDMI port wasn't getting enough or the right voltage? Nothing mentioned in the changelog about something like that though... Maybe the Nvidia drivers detect HDMI hardware better? I only jumped from 391 to 395... I cba to test with the other TV again I'm just happy that it all works now. Ignorance is bliss sometimes.