[SOLVED] Gigabyte GTX 1060 windforce 6gb and r3 2200g bottleneck?

Jan 18, 2019
Okay so I recently built a new system (spec below) and I’ve been having issues running any title other than low performance games like Minecraft. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling up to date drivers, optimized nvidia control panel settings even put games on lowest setting to see if it would makes a difference but get essentially the same performance out of low graphics as ultra. I’ve heard that the 2200g can cause issues when paired with the 1060 so I’m wondering if simply replacing my cpu would fix/change this? Thanks I’m advance.

CPU: R3 2200g
Gpu: gigabyte 1060 windforce 6gb
(Neither are oc’d)
Mobo: gigabyte b350 gaming 3
Ram: patriot viper 8gb (2x4gb) dual channel
Psu: evga 450w bronze
Storage: western digital blue 1tb and a second western digital blue 250gb (which just contains my os)

Solution

By 'points' I presume you mean the cb score. If so, those are unusually low numbers. This is my result. Slightly different CPU and GPU, but similar enough for comparison. I can see why you are having performance issues.
Can you check CPU and GPU...
Jan 18, 2019

Yes, I have both of my displays connected to the card itself one by HDMI and one by DVI

Jan 18, 2019

Okay so my CPU results were 289points and its highest temp during the test was 39C and my gpu tested at 62FPS

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

By 'points' I presume you mean the cb score. If so, those are unusually low numbers. This is my result. Slightly different CPU and GPU, but similar enough for comparison. I can see why you are having performance issues.
Can you check CPU and GPU usage when you're gaming?
Maybe you have a virus or malware that is hogging resources. Might do a full virus scan, offline scan, and give CCleaner and Malwarebytes (free) a run.

Solution