Gigabyte gtx 1070 G1 constant White led near 8pin?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Then I would be inclined to think the card has a defect or one or more of the wires in the connector are not making contact. What PSU do you have?

Jan 29, 2019

CORSAIR CX-M series CX600M 600W 80 PLUS BRONZE Active PFC ATX12V & EPS12V Modular Power Supply
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA85V3RA7634&Description=cx600m&cm_re=cx600m-_-9SIA85V3RA7634-_-Product

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
That is the older, less dependable Corsair CX. It might be having +12v rail issues. But I would first lean towards a defective card. Can you try the card in another PC somehow?
I have a Gigabyte card myself that has that power indicator light. It should not be on when the card is working. At worse, flashing.

Jan 29, 2019

tested in another pc same thing the light is constant

Steve_Kit

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015

I have the exact same card with the exact same issue. Did you ever find out what the problem was? Other than that constantly lit LED my card is working great. It messes with my OCD a little but I'll try to live with it.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
How many 6+2 PCIE power connectors does the PSU have? If more than one have you tried the other cable? Also if the PCIe power connector is modular have you double checked you have connected the cable to the eight connector on the PSU?

Although if you tested it in another PC with that PC's PSU (especially if it's better/more reliable than yours) I also think there's something wrong with the card.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Looking more and more like a defect in the card. If you don't want to go thru the return hassle (and the light is bothering you), maybe put a dab of black electrical tape over the LED... as long as the fan doesn't blow it off.

Jan 29, 2019

thanks all , i think i am going to rma it to newegg, it drives me insane and i don't trust a defective card, who knows what else could be defective?

Jan 29, 2019

i have 2 6+2 connections and have tested them both, i also thought about the connections to the psu directly and made sure they were secure, my voltage meter reads that the 6+2's have proper power. the card still technically works, the pc boots and i can load/play games

Steve_Kit

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015

Funny you would suggest that, as I was thinking about something more permanent like a dab of paint on the LED. After reading shaleradon's last post, I'm thinking more about RMA'ing it. My Corsair RM850i came with 2 PCIe cables and I've tried them both. How's Newegg's RMA experience? This would be my first return with them.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

@ Steve_Kit
I'm a Newegg Premier member, so this is based on that... Newegg returns are pretty good. Not quite as hassle free as Amazon. But basically you do it just like anywhere else. Apply for a return and follow the instructions. As a Premier member, they even send a free return label to print out. Can't remember if they do that for others or not. The you wait until they get it, inspect it, and follow thru with the replacement or refund. Don't expect a quick turnaround.

Lately, I've been buying mostly from Amazon if the price is the same. They are a day quicker on deliveries and have better/faster returns. As a Prime member, the returns are free too. Plus as soon as their system sees the tracking indication that the return pkg is in the mail, they ship the replacement or refund. I sometimes get my replacement before they get the return.