[SOLVED] Gigabyte GTX 1070 no signal issue?

Nov 9, 2021
twitter.com
Greetings! My brother handed me a Gigabyte GTX 1070 graphics card, actual model GV-N1070G1. The issue we are having with the card is it will not give a display from any of the ports on it. We've tried it on 2 different systems & got the same result. I can't 100% remember my brother's PC specs, but here's mine:

CPU: Intel i7-6700K Quad-Core 3.6GHz
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC
PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W Full Modular
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-X150-Plus WS
RAM: 32GB DDR4

I've tried using both PCI slots for the GPU and get the same result. I remove the 970 to try to get this card to work. Once I swap it back (remove the 1070, install 970), everything works like nothing happened.

I was able to do some trickery and finally was able to get a signal from the card, but no display. I get the black screen of death. It powers on, all 3 fans are running, and the RGB logo on the side lights up as it should. I just can't get a full display with this. I'm pretty sure I can't RMA the card because its basically a hand-me-down at this point. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. At this point, I'm not sure what else to do.

Solution
try inserting both gpus, gtx970 in first pcie slot (closest to cpu) and plug monitor into 970
see if it boots and if yes, check device manager if it reports any error there
if in windows all fine, then go to bios and look for CSM, try with CSM on or off
try inserting both gpus, gtx970 in first pcie slot (closest to cpu) and plug monitor into 970
if in windows all fine, then go to bios and look for CSM, try with CSM on or off

Solution
Nov 9, 2021
twitter.com

So I tried it, but my system just keeps rebooting and rebooting. I'm thinking at this point the card is bad.