[SOLVED] Gigabyte gtx 1080 ti reaching 60 degrees and 24 fps on warzone

Oct 13, 2020
Hello .
I have a weird problem with my gtx 1080 ti when i play warzone my card stays at 60 degrees and 24 fps however i usually get 80 fps at 85 degrees . i have found a temporary fix for my problem , the fix is to reinstall the drivers every month , because this weird issue like makes my fps slowly drop until i reach 24 fps at the end of the month , please help.

my specs :
I7 7700k
16gb single channel 1197 Mhz
Msi B250M PRO-VD ( really crappy brown motherboard dont recommend buying)
i got two 1080p 60hz monitors one running off my gpu and the other one running off my intergrated graphics
Gigabyte gtx 1080 ti Gaming OC 11gb vram (White edition)
120 gb ssd for my windows
2 TB HHD for my games
2 TB Portable HHD
1TB HHD

Solution
Modern games do not run well on single-channel RAM. It is now assumed that an individual (regardless of how much RAM they have) will have two sticks of RAM when running a game such as warzone.

I don't know if this is what is causing your problem, but it does stick out to me as a significant bottleneck in your system and the most likely source of issues when playing warzone.

The best memory your motherboard supports is 2400 MHz memory. If it was a Z270/Z290 motherboard, you could use much faster memory and you could also overclock your 7700k, but not with this one. I recommend you buy 2 sticks of 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM.
Modern games do not run well on single-channel RAM. It is now assumed that an individual (regardless of how much RAM they have) will have two sticks of RAM when running a game such as warzone.

I don't know if this is what is causing your problem, but it does stick out to me as a significant bottleneck in your system and the most likely source of issues when playing warzone.

The best memory your motherboard supports is 2400 MHz memory. If it was a Z270/Z290 motherboard, you could use much faster memory and you could also overclock your 7700k, but not with this one. I recommend you buy 2 sticks of 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution