Gigabyte gtx 1080 wind force not found after fitting EK water block, help!

andyrichards123

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
So I finished my first custom water loop CPU and GPU, the pc boots fine and I get the beep, however i get no display. When I try the hdmi in the motherboard slot it works fine and I get a display. Please help!

andyrichards123

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018

andyrichards123

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
Yep I used arctic silver 5, followed all instructions correctly and it's installed as it should be, in the same slot it was in before I attempted the watercooling. I've had it out before and reinstalled no problems so assume it's something to do with the waterblock. Thanks

andyrichards123

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
One thing I'm thinking could be the issue is when I was removing the old thermal paste I used a q-tip, there are some spiky bits which surround the area to be cleaned which had thermal paste on, as I was cleaning them bits of the cotton were getting stuck in the spikes. Apart from that the installation was pretty simple. Is it worth removing the block and re cleaning it?

andyrichards123

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018

andyrichards123

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018

andyrichards123

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
So tonight I've drained the system and removed my card, just out of interest I tried an old one I've got in the same PCI slot and it's working fine, so I in the process of putting the stock cooler back on to see if that does anything. When I've removed the waterblock it looks like I've put a tad too much thermal paste on as some has spilled over the edge onto the spiky bit (not sure what else to call them!) Do you think this may have been the issue? I can't see anything else wrong with the way the block was installed.

Thanks

toshibitsu

Distinguished
The repair shop I used to work at, one of my co-workers always got a little crazy re-applying thermal paste on systems. Most of the time it wasn't an issue. I recall one time though that it was spilling over really bad on a cpu and the system wasn't posting properly(ended up having to clean it up myself).

andyrichards123

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018

andyrichards123

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
Well it was either the thermal paste or something else I'm not sure about, just installed the stock cooler and retested and all good! So going to try and re attempt the waterblock, will let you know how it goes thanks for the suggestions and input!

andyrichards123

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018

andyrichards123

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
Right so after re fitting the water block it's working all ok, or so I thought. My system now doesn't seem to recognise my card, I attempted to run some 3D mark stress tests but it couldn't recognise my card, also when I go to check temps using HWmonitor that program no longer recognises either? Any ideas?