[SOLVED] Gigabyte GTX 1650 Gpu clock question

Aug 22, 2019
Hi Guys, hoping someone can shed some light on my slightly stupid question, i have a gigabyte gtx 1650 mini itx oc, the gigabyte site and numerous retailers specify that the gpu clock is 1680mhz but in hwinfo i see the clock reaches a max of 1890mhz, is this some sort of boost function or is it clocked too high and i should lower it with afterburner? temperatures seem normal, max 65c under load, i know i should have bought a rx580 but in my country its nearly double the price i paid at retailers who have stock and sold out at the ones with reasonable pricing. but i'm actually quite impressed with its performance.

Dunlop0078

Polypheme
Herald
  • Deleted by Dunlop0078
GPU boost 3.0 will automatically increase clocks as high as it can within stock thermal and power limits. My 2070 super is advertised at a 1710mhz boost clock however in reality it will hit 1860mhz under load and stay there. So yes seeing boost clocks higher than advertised is perfectly normal and desired. You can lower clocks if you want but you would just be gimping your GPU for no reason.

Reactions: Lushern1309

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS