Question Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti keeps causing BSODs

Oct 3, 2021
I've started encountering quite frequent BSODs about 3 weeks ago indicating driver issues(stopcodes IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA etc., sorted in descending frequency order). What I've tried to fix this so far:
  1. Did a clean Windows install(full C: drive format)
  2. Ran both Memtes86+ and Windows' RAM tester, more that 10 hours testing - no errors.
  3. Disabled XMP
  4. Tried both updating and downgrading GPU drivers - no result(looks like now I've tried installing all NVidia drivers that can be legally downloaded from their website as of today). I was downgrading drivers using DDU in safe mode without network. I've also disable automatic driver download by Windows update.
  5. Disabled 'Global C-State' and 'Cool-n-Quiet' options in BIOS
  6. Set 'Target maximum performance' option in NVidia Control Panel
  7. Ran driver verifier - each time it points on NVidia drivers(nvlddmkm.sys)
  8. Ran Primea95 - it always gave me error like 'Got 00000000 expected something' after 5-10 minutes of testing
Funny thing is that those BSODs never occur while I'm playing but rather when just browsing or programming in VS.
My PC spec:
  • Gigabyte B450M DS3h
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • HyperX Fury 3200 MHz 2*8 Gb
  • Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti
  • 512 Gb Intel M2 SSD
  • 2 TB Toshiba(AFAIR) HDD
  • 600W PSU(a good one, though I don't really remember its manufacturer)
  • Full HD LG monitor(IPS, 24'' if that matters)
  • Windows 10 Pro N(winver: Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1237)
Last 5 crashdumps are here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15lgWrhizc_BO9bvE6HU5j6v3dUd8Zhms/view?usp=sharing
Thanks in advance for any help!

Lutfij

Titan
You will need to clarify the make and model of the PSU since wattage isn't the only thing that is looked at when purchasing a PSU. What is the age of the unit? As for your motherboard, what BISO version are you currently on? Which slots are the sticks of ram populating on the motherboard? As for your OS, can you mention where you sourced the installer for said OS? Out of curiosity, after every Windows reinstall, did you manually install all relevant drivers for your platform in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Oct 3, 2021
The whole PC was built in August 2019, all parts were new back then. BIOS is 62b(I've updated it few weeks ago), however problem was on 42h too(this is the version I've been using since PC build). RAM is set in 2nd and 4th slots counting from the CPU. OS installer image was downloaded directly from Microsoft's website using their tool. All drivers were installed manually by me. PSU is Chifetec Proton BDF-500S, so not 600W:-(. However if the problem would be actually PSU I would rather expect in to happen while playing games, not when just browsing or even staying idle. Btw GPU successfully passes FurMark for 2 minutes not exceeding 70 deg. C.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021
Any suggestions on how to solve this? I'm starting to give up as it seems that I've tried everything except for trying to exchange parts one by one, but as I am on quite a low budget this isn't quite good solution for me.