Question Gigabyte GTX 1660 twin fan - Football Manager FAN problem.

FaelanTM

Prominent
Sep 2, 2020
So as i said in the title ... i have a kinda funny problem as the card has FAN stop feature ... and it kicks on at 50-51C when i play Football Manager the temps goes around 47-52 and the card makes strange sounds almost every 2-3 seconds like the fan is kicking in and stops at the same time as the temp goes down and up also cuz of the game .... like on the menus 48-49 and watching the football match goes 50-52C :\ any advice ? how i can make the temp constant or to make the fan not to stop

PS: I know i can stop the FAN STOP feature from Auorous Engine ( Gigabyte Software ) but i don't want my fan to be on all the time even on idle .....

PS 2 : Can this loop or whatever break my fans or the motor of the fans ?

PLS HELP :(

Thanks in advance ......

Had a similar problem:
uninstall gigabyte software which can control the fan speed
Install latest MSI afterburner and nvidia drivers, set a fan curve yourself manually with afterburner

eventually use ddu uninstaller to remove all previous GPU drivers and reinstall the nvida.com drivers again

FaelanTM

Prominent
Sep 2, 2020
Had a similar problem:
uninstall gigabyte software which can control the fan speed
Install latest MSI afterburner and nvidia drivers, set a fan curve yourself manually with afterburner

eventually use ddu uninstaller to remove all previous GPU drivers and reinstall the nvida.com drivers again

Well i don't have the Gigabyte Software - i had it before and that's why i know i can stop the FAN STOP feature from there ... as for the problem i don't think its driver related .... its only in Football Manager that the problem is appearing ( its because the game is not that demanding and the temp is changing pretty fast and the card is confused ? ) - as for the custom fan curve gotta try it like make it to kick in at 55C instaed of 50 or smth ? ! :\

Reactions: helpstar